“deeeelicious!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“deeeelicious!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

One of the best Indian restaurants I have been to in a long time, I have now been many times and have never been disappointed, the food is beautifully cooked and presented the staff are friendly and helpful and prices are reasonable. The decor is a little tired but I think it is being updated soon.

• Visited February 2014

west yorkshire
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant on a Monday night and we had the buffet which was excellent. It was cooked freshly for each table and there was plenty of choice even different naan breads. The service was excellent we were made very welcome and would recommend this restaurant.

“Friendliest staff in Shrewsbury”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Ok, it's not a five star restaurant, but it doesn't claim to be. If you want posh nosh, there are other places in town where you can spend a small fortune but The Masala is cheap and very cheerful. We've been here several times and always got the warmest welcome. It's only a small building so not ideal for really big parties, but for small parties and couples it's ideal. The food is always good and there's plenty of it. The staff are fantastic. Always happy to help and will sort out any problems quickly. As anywhere, it's always best to go when it's not too busy to get the best service. Being in the town centre, it fills up at the weekend and you do get people calling in on the way home from the pub. We really like this place and will be going again soon.

“Great evening”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

The Masala is an above-average Indian restaurant. I have eaten here many times before but went mid-week when it was quiet with 3 friends. The service, as always was very good. We were quickly shown to our table and asked whether we wanted poppadoms. Whilst we were perusing the menu I looked around and noticed they were serving single diners and groups alike - all received equal attention. The menu is large and varied including a number of specials. I had the meat samosa, which was 'passable' (I suspect it had been undercooked or re-heated which was a shame) but the other starters were spot-on including an amazing salmon tikka. Our main courses were more than enough for most regular appetites. My chicken rogan josh was not overcooked and the sauce was correctly seasoned; my friends dishes were equally well-cooked. Nothing really stood out - just good, honest Indian food. We were given a complimentary side dish. My only minor criticism would be that some of the dishes came out warm rather than hot. Having been well and truly "stuffed" we by-passed desserts (menu with usual frozen offerings) and went straight to Irish coffee. The bill for 4 people: poppadoms, 4 starters, 4 mains, 2 rice, 1 nan, 1 side (plus 1 free side), 2 bottles of red wine, 2 Irish coffees and water: £87.10. We left a well-deserved £10 tip. My friends and I enjoyed a great evening out with excellent service and we will be returning.

Visited February 2014
“Always brilliant.”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and it is one of the best restaurants in Shrewsbury. The staff are always friendly and the food is great.

• Visited November 2013