“Not the best night's sleep”
Review of Station Hotel

Station Hotel
Ranked #38 of 56 Shrewsbury B&B and Inns
High Wy
“Not the best night's sleep”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Being close to the station and the centre of town was ideal for our single overnight stay as we were able to drop into a local restaurant easily.

However, as we were staying on a Saturday, the noise from the street was very loud and with my room facing the street I was woken many times during the night by people out on their Saturday night. The hotel was very nice and the room was good so not a disaster, but since I was getting up before 7am on the Sunday it would have been great to have got a good night's sleep.

I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem on most nights of the week but something to bear in mind if you're staying over the weekend and not going out boozing yourself!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Excellent central location for Shrewsbury town. Staff really helpful, friendly and knowledgable about the area. Room clean and perfectly serviceable. Single room was surprisingly non-broom cupboard like. Comfy matress, good nights sleep. Hearty breakfast. All good really.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I went to Shrewsbury by myself for a First Aid course, decided to stay overnight instead of travelling both days. The hotel was really easy to find, right outside the station! Brilliant. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the room was clean, quiet and comfy! The bathroom was amazing! Really lovely! After checking out it turned out I had left my purse in my room! (Clumsy!) Before I had even realised I had a phonecall to say that housekeeping had found it and it would be kept for me behind the bar! Was soon reunited with my purse! Brilliant stay. Would love to stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Myself and my partner decided to do something a little special for Valentines day and so we decided to go somewhere nearby and stay the night in a Hotel. After doing some research we thought Shrewsbury seemed very picturesque and would be a lovely place to spend our Valentines. After a quick search online we came across The Station Hotel and we were very impressed by the pictures of the rooms we saw on their website, and due to it being so close to both the train station and also town centre it seemed like the perfect place to stay. Upon arrival we were greeted by the manager, Stelios, and we were checked in very quickly. He was extremely welcoming and very friendly. We explained to him that we were new to the area and he was very helpful, directing us to all the wonderful sites and good places to eat in Shrewsbury. The room was extremely tidy and contained all you would need, tv, tea and coffee, en-suite, free wi-fi. Before we went to bed we also made our way to the bar within the Hotel and enjoyed a little nightcap, the bar area is very well, decorated and stocked, and was a great way to end our day in Shrewsbury. The bed in our room was extremely comfortable and despite the hotel being located near to the station and also within the town centre it was a very quiet and comfortable night sleep. After a great night sleep we made our way down for breakfast which was also at a very high standard. I especially loved my scrambled eggs! A great way to start the day. We absolutely loved both The Station Hotel and Shrewsbury! It was an extremely enjoyable stay and we cant wait to come back. Thank you very much Stelios for an amazing valentines vacation! We will definitely be seeing you again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
St Clears, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Very clean, small hotel, helpful polite staff.Comfortable bed and surprisingly quiet room considering the hotel is situated by a busy road.Good position for town centre and directly opposite the station.
Our room was very small and dark.
Breakfast was not included in the price. We however opted to eat there. I ordered the vegetarian breakfast.It took a long time to arrive and when it did my eggs tasted of sausage, one wasn't cooked . The toast was cold and soggy and had already been spread with synthetic butter or margarine. It was inedible. Tea came in a cup not in a pot. Each breakfast item was charged separately.For the eventual price we paid we could have stayed in a better hotel

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Had a really enjoyable stay with my girlfriend on valentines day , room was very clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated , great location next to the station and starting point to see the wonderful town of shrewsbury. Owners were very helpful and tentative to our needs , stelios makes a superb cocktail in the hotel bar. Would like to stay here again sometime

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The first night ever out in shrewsbury nd the first hotel we book we loved it...the hotel was best we stayed in. The room was nice warm when checked in. The staff was nice. Omg the bed was soooooo comfy. Im would defo book this hotel again :)) xx
I would defo tell my friends and family about this hotel :))))

• Stayed February 2013