“Great Foodie Experience”
Review of Taste Kitchen - CLOSED

Taste Kitchen
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Came after work on Thursday, I drive past the restaurant every day on my way to work and always fancied trying it out. Its a great venue with massive windows looking out over daffodils on a sunny evening.

Everything seemed to be locally produced which is something that I really enjoy, every dish had a story. I tried the chargrilled asparagus with poached Hollowdene egg and Hollandaise Sauce followed by the Deli platter which was a mix of locally produced air dried hams and salamis together with Organic Blue Brie from the Cotswolds. OK the wine was from South Africa but it went ooh so well with the cold meats.

We noticed that there were some students helping out in the kitchens as well as serving us and everything came to the table with a smile.

Its a different experience to a town centre restaurant but a good experience and one I would definitely recommend, thats why I'm giving it 5 stars.

There are newer reviews for Taste Kitchen

Reviewed 6 April 2014

So glad that the Taste kitchen has moved to this side of town! The food is always different , love the fact that it is from local producers and you can buy some of the products in the shop too!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Went here on a sunday and had the sharing board it was a wonderful feast, we shared two between five of us as there was plenty of food, happy friendly staff that couldnt be more helpful, the food was delicious will defienetly be coming back again, could not recomend this place highly enough.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My partner and I were looking for somewhere different to eat last weekend and were advised that the local college had a restaurant attached.

Now my initial fears were edged in the word college....I could not have been more wrong. On a Friday, Saturday and Sunday it turns out that a company that specialises in local food runs the restaurant and the offering was very unexpected.

My partner can be a fussy eater at the best of times, but there is literally something for everyone on the menu...so much choice we did not know what to choose and had to send the waiter away while we looked some more.

All in all this is some of the best food I have eaten, when talking to the manager we found the restaurant is just 4 weeks old, and there were far too many empty seats for a restaurant of this quality.

So looking for somewhere to eat you simply have to try this restaurant, we will certainly be back

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We didn't get to taste the food sadly; we arrived when the cafe was nearly full, we were a party of three adults and three children. Very kindly, a fellow diner offered to switch to a smaller table so that we could fit in, but the woman behind the counter said that she wouldnt have enough chairs, but that we could wait for 20-30 minutes if we wanted to. Im sure that they really could have accommodated us, but didnt really want to be any busier than they had to be.