“Lunch good - Evening event not so good”
Review of Henry Tudor House

Henry Tudor House
Ranked #19 of 409 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Lunch for two - service good - good meal - well looked after.
Back in the evening for party. Not rocket science - run the bar and put buffet food out for 60. Trying to juggle the two seemed beyond them. They seemed rather 'leaderless' at times.... the bar service was less than rapid and the food started to run out. I had little to do with the staff and the workings of the function but it was obvious that the overall organisational abilities were not up to scratch.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, very pleasant staff.
Although we didn't eat the good smelt delicious, lovely areas for eating or just drinking

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I consider ourselves competent in the kitchen...we could not fault our experience here.... This doesn't happen very often! Very good indeed.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

The first time we came here was at lunchtime on our minimoon just after our wedding last September. We loved it then and knew we had to come back to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. This time we came in the evening and was coincidentally sat at the same as the first visit. The waitress was hospitable and attentive. For starters we had the plaice and salmon fishcake and the chicken liver parfait. For mains we had the belly pork, roast potatoes and gravy; and sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce and chips. All the food was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. I also ordered a few of the cocktails off the menu which were delicious too.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I visit this place after my friend suggest it and I have to say I was left surprised! The venue is very nice, the food is very delicious and friendly staffs! I will definitely come back again!