“Good location”

Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at here for 3 nights in room 217, the room was fine it looked out on to the main road, but there was no traffic noise at all. The only problem was the bed, which was so uncomfortable, I had to sleep on top of the quilt to stop the springs from digging in me.
The hotel car park is extremely hard to find, with no signage that we could see, after driving round in circles, we asked a policeman for directions.
On a positive note, the hotel is warm and welcoming and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, we ate in the restaurant each night and morning and enjoyed the food, the restaurant staff were slightly disorganised but very friendly. The location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackieLiverpool

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel provided a very different experience from the basic standads frequently offered by the budget chains. The front of the buildng faces the river park and it is conveniently near both train and bus stations. There is a very attractive lounge and restaurant on the ground floor together with a vernandah. The hotel has only been open for jjust over a year and it is well decorated and bright and clean throughout. My room was a very good size with a double bed and a convertible couch - joy of joys, it had a bath as well as a shower and you could get all the BBC radio stations!! The staff are exceptionally committed and helpful. Breatkfast was very good - really fresh fruit salad!! I would not normally have eaten dinner in the hotel restaurant due to execrable past experiences but was obliged to do so because of the weather - and it proved to be fine and very reasonable. This hotel was good value for money even at the full rate - if you book early and get a special deal it would be a real bargain. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Background:

I had no choice but to book a hotel en route to Aberystwyth and was heading back from France, as my Eurostar train could not be amended meaning I missed the last train of the day. However, I was able to get a train as far as Shrewsbury where I stayed the night before continuing the journey the following morning.

REVIEW:

The hotel is dead easy to find. Cross the railway station car park, cross the road and then follow the road around, it will take you no more than 6 or 7 minutes with heavy luggage. Very ideal location considering I arrived at 10.30pm in the evening and had to be on a breakfast time (i.e. 7am!) train. They do ask you to pay on arrival rather than before leaving.

Staff are extremely polite and accommodating. There was an error with my booking (I booked with booking.com), and within minutes they were able to correct the error and send me to the room. The room was very spacious, the bed was massive and comforting. Good quality television with plenty of choice, but only if your first language is English. Even though there is good proximity to the Welsh border, S4C wasn't on my channel list, and the only European channel there was - although in English - was Russia Today. The Bathroom was also spacious, the room was well equipped with wash stuff, tea, kettle and so on.

Safe to say, that next year when I graduate from university, if I'm unable to get my family accommodation in Aberystwyth, then I will definitely be recommending them this place.

Despite it being in the location of central places like a train station, bingo hall and on a main road (of which my bedroom faced), in comparison to some other places I've been to, there was no noise at all on the streets, which was great!

My only complaint is the lack of availability of a cash point. The receptionist on Tuesday morning did say there was one outside, but it charged £1.75 per transaction and the other one was in town.

This is the politest premier inn I've ever been to. Despite my young age, I was constantly being addressed as sir.

On the whole, would definitely recommend to anybody.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st floor if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed here on several occasions now - it's a 5minute walk to Theatre Severn so doubles up as a good overnight stay. Also five minutes from the main shopping centre and close to the railway station so a great location in the centre of town. We arrived on a Monday night and joined the queue to check in! A mixture of holidaymakers and corporate guests arriving but the young man on reception kept his cool and his smile, (despite some problems with the computer) and soon had us checked in. The rooms as just as you would expect from a Premier Inn - no surprises - but this being a newer hotel, everything appears clean and fresh. The soundproofing in the rooms is very good - you hardly hear a sound from other guests although they must have been very busy. We also had dinner (reviewed separately). After the theatre we were able to enjoy a drink in the bar which was a nice end to the evening. Breakfast was nice and uneventful - we were able to choose a table to our liking and the buffet breakfast was very good. The staff throughout were unfailingly pleasant and polite. They appear to be a young team but are extremely engaging with guests of all ages. We will certainly stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked for a two night stay with breakfast, our room was on the first floor looking out at the river, the room was clean and tidy. The bed are not what they are like in the adverts I found them to be quite hard , there was air conditioning in the room witch was good because you could not open the window! we were only staying a short time and did not spend much time in the room as we were visiting family in the area, the T.V was tiny. However the thing that got me the most PARKING £8 for 24hrs , even if you are a guest, the hotel does have 4 spaces free 2 disabled and 2 ordinary ones witch you could never get in as a taxi was parked in one (we were lucky because we parked at our family's house and got a taxi still cheaper than £16) the hotel say it is because the car park is owned by the council ! but so is the one in Plymouth and you don't pay if you are staying , something to look into !!! The breakfast was very good and worth the money it was included in the price , but on Saturday very busy and not enough staff to cope some customers waiting 10 to 15 mins for a table as they did not have staff to clear the dirty ones . All it was clean and tidy and did the job. Would I stay again ? well have to see.

Room Tip: Get a river view or you'll end up looking at a car park!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DAVID B
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here last December, and it was lovely. Right on the river Severn, the location is great. The room is extremely clean, extremely tidy and an insanely comfy bed as always promised by Premier Inn. All facilites and staff excellent, great breakfast too (not included in price, but affordable). All in all, would stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ShrewsburyTownCentre, Receptionist at Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at our Shrewsbury Town Centre Premier Inn.

Our staff tries their upmost to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are glad that you have experienced this.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Shrewsbury Town Premier Inn.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went out on another works party. It was cheaper to stay in the premier Inn than get a taxi to and from home so we could have a few drinks. Great staff, clean comfortable rooms and a great breakfast. The restaurant was a bit of a state when we went for breakfast but that was because they very busy. Well worth the money to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Scott F

Dear Scott F,

We greatly appreciate your encouraging feedback and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of the whole team we would like to thank you very much for your kind comments and have also taken note about your comments regarding breakfast and these will be dealt with accordingly.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Shrewsbury Town Premier Inn.