“The secret garden... Love it!”
Review of Lilys Tea Garden

Lilys Tea Garden
Ranked #5 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Shrewsbury
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A beautiful, secret garden nestled on the banks of the River Severn within walking distance of Shrewsbury Bus & Train Stations, serving breakfast, lunches, snacks and traditional afternoon teas
Shrewsbury
“The secret garden... Love it!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. I'm a frequent visitor as I live quite close... Lovely food and friendly owners... Definitely worth a visit. Beautiful views of the river and the garden is just magical.... I 100% recommend. Dogs are very welcome too :-)

2 Thank Punkii4
Lily T, Owner at Lilys Tea Garden, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thanks for your kind words.

Lee, United Kingdom
“Charming, friendly, quirky charm.....highly recommended”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We reserved for lunch and wended our way through rose and climber garden arches decked with soggy cuddly toys ( thats the quirky bit!) to the best table....charming private outdoor dining beside the river.....menu basic but delicious ...I can recommend the salmon/potato fish cakes...just like my mum used to make.
The rain came and we were ushered to outdoor shelter ....a charming british ( i.e soggy) version of a taverna ; we loved being outside dry but watching the rain on the river not to mention the young boaters celebrating their A-level results with a river trip.
Such a novelty to have coffee refills offered affably and promptly.
Be Warned! Allow enough time for the fresh cooking and consider booking...Lily's "shabby- we could flood any moment- charm" means that this is not a place that people rush away from ..there is no fast turn over of tables...

Lily T, Owner at Lilys Tea Garden, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thanks for bearing with us and the weather. Sometimes it's not easy, is it?
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gem of a place”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Came here with my mother, beautiful little secret garden. Fantastic staff made feel very welcome, brilliant food (especially knocorbocker glory) loved the bobby the dog great atmosphere with beautiful river views and special even in the rain

Lily T, Owner at Lilys Tea Garden, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thanks for picking us as the venue for your birthday lunch in the rain. You must be madder than us.
Frankland, Western Australia.
“Smell of bacon drew me in”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

As we walked along the River Severn the aroma of bacon reached our nostrils, which led us to Lily's tea garden. We were disapointed when told that bacon had been on the breakfast menu and it was now lunch time. However, once I told the proprietrer what had drawn us in, he was only too willing to cook whatever we wanted. So a full English breakfast for two was ordered and we thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. Not only was the service good, the food delicious, the proximity of our table to the river was delightful. I left the cafe feeling very satisfied in all respects. I forgot to mention that the garden is beautiful.

Lily T, Owner at Lilys Tea Garden, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Eve, how could we turn you down when you've traveled all around the world to see us? Hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the UK
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a surprise, a real nod towards a jungle-y riverside tea garden. Reminded me of several little stop off places in India. I loved the originality of the space and the little nooks and crannies. Fantastic!. The menu is pretty basic but good value. I thought that Shrewsbury was missing an interesting and decent place along the river but Lily's has fitted that gap nicely!

1 Thank Craig C
Lily T, Owner at Lilys Tea Garden, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thanks Craig. We like your style.