“Quirky, Colourful and Cupcakes!”
Review of Empire Cupcakery - CLOSED

Empire Cupcakery
Cuisines: American, British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Empire Cupcakery is a gem of a café located just off one of Shrewsbury's historic streets and is housed sadly in one of the towns ugliest buildings.
Building aside, the café is really delightful with an instant feeling of warmth and colour from the first step inside. The interior is decorated with local photos, ornaments and cupcakes along with a cosy sofa and plenty of seating considering the small size of the room.
The main focus here is light-lunches, hot drinks and of course freshly made cupcakes! My lunch was a Ham & Cheese Panini with Salad along with a Blackcurrant Tea and a Chocolate Crunch cupcake. The staff were friendly and seemed generally keen to want to be there, which is always a nice quality in small independent establishment.
The Cupcake was the obvious hi-light of the visit and it was a Chocolate one with pieces of Chocolate Fudge decorating the top... I kid you not! It was really nice and very filling and just wanted me to buy more of them... If I hadn't filled up with the lunch just before!
The other nice element of the café is just the whole relaxed and cosy atmosphere with lots to look at and just smile. This is what a small lunch-time shop should be like and a real plus for Shrewsbury.

Just to add the prices were very reasonable - £1.50 for a fruit tea, £3.95 for a Panini and £2.10 for a Cupcake.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My friend and I found this lovely café on our latest monthly trip to Shrewsbury, and were first attracted by the large windows filled with iced cakes, pretty china and bunting, and also a spooky Halloween display. The café was immaculate inside. We were intending to have the special offer of hot drink and a cupcake for £3.00, but were sidetracked by the gourmet sausage rolls - the best we have ever tasted, and the coffee was good too. After a long bout of intensive shopping and needing further sustenance, we staggered back in and had more coffee and moist, delicious, lemon meringue cupcakes Heaven! We will certainly be returning on our next trip, and are looking forward to seeing the " Christmasfied" ( as the nice ladies working there said) window displays.

1  Thank welshwanderer60s
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I live in Shrewsbury and its about time that we had a shop like this! The Cupcakes are truly amazing and extremely creative...so good its a shame to eat them! and although i don't often venture into town if i have to go in with my kids we make a point of visiting.
I was so impressed with them i ordered a batch of 'Candy grass' Cupcakes (my favourite!) for my daughters 8th Birthday and they went down a storm...i would not hesitate to recommend them.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently went here whilst on hols in UK with my husband, we came across it by accident and what a find! it is a lovely little place and the staff there (I think they own it too) are really friendly and helpful. The cupcakes are amazing and I am not even the biggest cupcake fan. If you get the chance I highly recommend this little shop, it's also a lot cheaper than chains like costa or starbucks and better quality. We will be back next time we visit Shrewsbury. Thanks :)

1  Thank Ali H
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The cupcakes here are imaginative and delicious. The hot chocolate is to die for. I would highly recommend this cafe for a coffee with a friend or to call in get a load of cupcakes to surprise friends, family or colleagues with.

1  Thank Simon G