All reviews wine bar four poster bed beer garden is steak night an ncp car park full english sloping floors town centre location short break rooms are small would stay again bar downstairs on arrival on site parking road noise superior room breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I recently organised a large family gathering in the restaura\nt, which is on the left as you come through the front door.. There were 23 of us but the meals and the service were all first class. Everyone commented on the quality of the food

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We stayed for one evening. The location is fab - right in the centre of Shrewsbury. We did not struggle to find the NCP car park and it really was a 5 min walk to the inn.

We were checked in very smoothly by the bar staff and found our room to be charming - no 5. The bed is fabulous and the bathroom was clean but there were a few areas that needed a bit more tlc, a rip in the carpet and a chip in the mirror. The room was at the front of the hotel and on a busy road - on a hot summers night, the choice was fresh air and noisy or roasting in the quiet..............we chose the noisier option and despite the lorries rumbling past, we did sleep quite well.

Breakfast was the disappointment - the continental option is quite limited, just cereal and juice. The cooked breakfast is from the menu - I chose the full English (no beans they had run out - waitress declined to inform me till I asked where they were), weird sausage. My hubby had an omelette - it was ok. We asked for some water - the waitress bought a glass of warm (and not yet cleared) water.......we also noted another couple after us also asked for a full English but as well as beans having run out, they also missed out on the mushrooms. We did go down to breakfast at the later end of the serving but it would be nice of the staff to let patrons know if stock items of the cooked breakfast have ran out.

My only comment re the staff was that they appeared slightly disinterested - upon check out we were not asked if we had a good stay or if we had any issues - it felt like pay up the £90 and see ya! We do not complain easily and perhaps I've been picky with the above but I would not rush to return here if I was I Shrewsbury again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redsaile
Reviewed 21 May 2018

off the main drag, this little pub/hotel is ideal for a romantic weekend away, sweet rooms on the whole but room 6 is next to the outside generator which is noisy if window is open, we wren given a fan as the room did get hot. The food is excellent and plentiful, a good selection to choose from and well cooked, a pretty outside area to eat Alfresco if the sun shines with a glass of wine,

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We were a party of four adults and one child. They do half portions for children. The Sunday Roast was excellent. Excellent beef, Yorkshire puddings, parsnips, green beans, kale and more. It was a lovely sunny day and we ate outside in the quaint garden. Service was excellent and the staff efficient. My only complaint was the price of the large lemonades at £3.50 each which was almost as expensive as the Becks lager. However with ordering two Sunday Roast Beef lunches we did get a free bottle of wine. I would advise to book.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Had lunch today with my daughter, mom and my dog. It is so lovely and welcoming with lovely little paintings of animals dotted around. Food was great staff very nice. We will all definitely return to Cromwells Inn!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family