We paid £175 per night for B&B for two nights as a special birthday celebration. The room was in the old part of the manor house and winding our way up to the top of the house was lovely with all the old timbers and uneven floors. It was clean and well kept with nice Jacobean style furniture. The room itself was nice and airy with lovely views and the bed was very comfortable however we were disappointed in that there were stains on the carpet - probably old red wine stains - and the bathroom was a bit shabby. The side panel was lose at one end and the wall paper was torn and curling and the plug in one of the sinks didn't work so the water drained away.
There was a wedding on and we got to watch a lovely fireworks display from the bedroom window on the saturday evening. The wedding was no problem to us as they weren't rowdy, however the next morning we had to join the wedding party for a self service breakfast which was not what we expected. We felt that £175 for B&B we should have been served breakfast or at the very least told that the policy was for a self serve breakfast if there were over a certain number of people - and we were not. The sunday morning we were served breakfast in the lovely dining room in the old part of the house.
The staff were all very nice and helpful and the girl on reception said she would take the issues up with the management - I hope they listen and do something about it!
These things didn't spoil our weekend - we enjoyed ourselves - but they took the edge off the experience at The Albright Hussey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drive over the bridge spanning the original Tudor moat, up to the doors of our family owned and managed Albright Hussey Manor Hotel where you will receive a very warm welcome. Set in over four acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, our grade 2 listed, classic country house is one of only two hotels in Shrewsbury to be awarded four AA stars. Dating back to circa 1524, the hotel encompasses a wealth of history whilst offering the highest standards of comfort, cuisine and service. Our 26 superbly appointed bedrooms are all individually designed and our Moat Room Restaurant has an enviable reputation for some of the finest dining in Shropshire.Our aim is to ensure your visit to the beautiful county of Shropshire is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albright Hussey Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albright Hussey Manor Shrewsbury
- Albright Hussey Manor Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire