Took a while to find it as my sat nav didn’t like the location. Upon leaving the road and following the lane down to the building you’re greeted by a wonderful old English building, which upon leaving the car and walking up to the reception area is even better with the garden and water area with bird life.
The building is split into two the historic and modern I stayed in both.
The modern is decorated well and had good views over the abundant farm land which was great as they were preparing the ground. The bed was comfortable and amenities such as bath/shower etc as expected. The room in the old building was very atmospheric, wood beams, lead windows, four poster`, furniture etc. The bath room was great very floral. The view was over the garden and water feature . Bar was small but fits in well with the building and restaurant well decorated with two main areas and smaller alcoves. Evening meals were good Calves liver, steaks etc (though would have liked a steak knife) Cheese board wonderful and a good selection of red wines
There is a very enthusiastic manager who really helps make the place along with the other very attentive staff.
The walk from the hotel to the nearby church and battle grounds was really relaxing and if you push a little further on there’s a coffee shop and farm shop with livestock all worth a look.
The whole old place ouses old country England in the times around the Tudors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drive over the bridge spanning the original Tudor moat, up to the doors of our family owned and managed Albright Hussey Manor Hotel where you will receive a very warm welcome. Set in over four acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, our grade 2 listed, classic country house is one of only two hotels in Shrewsbury to be awarded four AA stars. Dating back to circa 1524, the hotel encompasses a wealth of history whilst offering the highest standards of comfort, cuisine and service. Our 26 superbly appointed bedrooms are all individually designed and our Moat Room Restaurant has an enviable reputation for some of the finest dining in Shropshire.Our aim is to ensure your visit to the beautiful county of Shropshire is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Albright Hussey Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albright Hussey Manor Shrewsbury
- Albright Hussey Manor Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire