“Romantic wedding venue”

Albright Hussey Manor Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at this romantic, historic manor hotel when I attended a family wedding. On my arrival I received a lovely warm welcome and throughout my stay nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. On the eve of the wedding I had dinner with others in the wedding party, superb food of a very high quality. The wedding reception was held here and again the food was delicious. This was one of the most memorable weddings I've attended, a historic hotel in a beautiful, romantic setting. Thank you for making this such a special day for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband bought an unusual place to stay activities store voucher for me for Christmas. (Not that unusual he's bought it for me three times now) and again we decided to opt for the Albright Hussey. We stayed in room 11 on Sunday 15th July. It is a good sized, well presented, well equipped en-suite room above the reception. The bed is a high (had to take a run up to get onto it lol) comfortable and clean with lovely bedding.
We booking to eat in the restaurant and yet again we were impressed by the service and the quality of the food.I don't understand the negative comments about the service. Everyone is so friendly and attentive. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I bought this offer for two couples on 11th July 2014
I was so disappointed ! Felt this was real poor value for money
Yes it was 7 course - first tiny 2cm crostini , coffee cup of soup, iced water , 1 inch piece so sea bass , roundell of steak (ok) pudding ok , followed by coffee
Had to order and pay extra for cheese board as we were all still hungry
We sat down at 8pm and restaurant had emptied by 9.30 pm ! We were still there and for the remaining hour , the staff relaid the restaurant around us which was very unwelcoming !
Very old fashioned ! Living off reputation ! Need modernising , very very disappointing

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jje1961
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed here before and have alway found it to be a lovely hotel very friendly staff and the breakfast was nice and fresh, the room are clean and spacious, i can't comment on the restaurant as we have always been eating out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I visit the restaurant regularly and cannot fault the food or service, although it is quiet in the week and lacking in atmosphere. My negative comments concern the charges of £7.50 thrust upon me for the return of a special umbrella which was a present and quite dear to me. It was taken off me by one of the staff as I arrived and when I left he neglected to return it to me. I fully expected to pay the postage for it's return, but not be hammered with a £5 handling fee. Totally out of order! My lovely memories of happy occasions are now soured and I have no wish to dine there again. What a way to treat your regular customers! The hotel needs to re-think it's customer relations and customer services.

Room Tip: My friend said the room was cheap, but lacking in the style and décor of the public rooms. Very noi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had a lovely couple of nights stay recently when our Godson got married here. Decided to stay an extra night before at the last minute and the hotel staff were very accommodating. There are lovely gardens and a lovely view. Had a good size room with bath and shower en-suite. Very attentive, friendly staff. Had an excellent meal in the restaurant on the first night that is highly recommended. We thought that the wholepackage was very good value too. The wedding arrangements were well organized with a ceremony held in the garden. Thank you to the Albright Hussey Manor staff!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JohnL001
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the Albright Hussey last weekend, we had a brilliant time. The service is excellent, especially the reception and restaurant staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends