“Not impressed”

Travelodge Shrewsbury Battlefield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This travel Lodge was okay. The price was decent, but the service was not very good. My room was not very well cleaned; my sheets were dirty and I had to get them changed. My tea kettle was also a mess, I had to get a new one brought to my room. The breakfast is free, but the food is not that great. I learned the first morning and the second morning I just had a couple oranges.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed at Battlefield just for one night - found it convenient, friendly, clean and everything there and in order for a quick stay. Best point - it's dog friendly and our little dog was made to feel very welcome. There is a pub serving food next door, we didn't use it but it looked fine, also Starbucks and a burger place along with a large petrol station and shop. Suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

£35 for a Sunday night. Brilliant. Basic but clean. Very comfy bed. Handy for me visiting family near by. Only thing I was not impressed with was wi fi. I paid £5 for an hours wi fi BUT its just the hour from the minute you enter your code. Not good. But that's my only gripe. Would stay again defo!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rixy09
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have just stayed at this lovely Travelodge and were very happy with it. The room and bathrooms were spotless, the bed was great and very comfortable and the staff were friendly. It was ideally situated for the city and there was a good pub nearby. I have stayed in some pretty grotty Travelodges in the past but this one was much better than the Premier Inn we had stayed in before moving to Shrewsbury. I would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given one at the back away from the carpark
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Can't complain about the accommodation or price but because I didn't have reception on my phone I needed wifi... Travel lodge charge ��10 for a days use of their wifi! Who does that really??? It should be a password & that's it! Absolute joke really... Long of bumps the price of your room up... Big down point ������������

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rooi1
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stopped over night on the 7th of December for a works party. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly.
Room was a good size (family room) with a very comfy bed. There is a petrol station, Burger King and a pub on site.
Free parking and easy to find. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stuck on its own, miles from anywhere, we had to travel a long way to get somewhere. Manager was great, one of the best we found on our 19 Travelodge journey. It hadn't been refurbished, and like most of them it needed it. Having said that, it provided every convenience, and we were not unhappy with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple