“This is one of the better Travelodge, but..”

Travelodge Shrewsbury Battlefield
and 1 more site!
Travelodge Shrewsbury Battlefield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've never written a TripAdvisor review before and couldn't normally be bothered despite having a wealth of experience visiting hotels. Today though I have been prompted to write a review. I'm currently staying at the hotel, first night of two and after checking in have found traces of excrement on the toilet seat. Now I know not to expect too much from Travelodge's but not cleaning the toilet seat properly is bang out of order. I visit many hotels and I know exactly what and where to look for traces of various things that 9 times out of 10 get missed buy most hotels in an average clean. But to actually leave a trace of excrement on the toilet seat is absolutely filthy. Fortunately they have recently fitted anti-bacterial handwash dispensers so I cleaned it myself with this. Its not something I particularly want to contact reception about.

• Stayed: June 2014
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Shrewsbury Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We hope our guests have a comfortable stay with us so it is really regrettable to learn that you were dissatisfied with the cleanliness of your room WurzelWolf. We expect our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned to our high standards. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff were friendly helpful and very polite. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spotlessly clean. It was very quiet at night! Overall this travel lodge is one of the best I have stayed in cannot say enough about the staff absolute pleasure they went over and above to help. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

on site petrol station with Subway sandwich shop a Starbucks and Burger king . Tesco, Aldi and a Morrisons just down the road .make sure you have the right postcode i put travelodge in my satnav without checking it was the battlefield site and it took me to the other one on the other side of town .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay here two or three times a year when visiting my wife's Mum who lives in a care home in Shrewsbury. We use this in preference to other local hotels because the parking is easy and away from the pernicious traffic wardens in the town centre. On street parking is quite usual there! The rooms are very quiet whichever one you finish up in. Always clean and tidy. Never had the breakfast because it is full of sugar and fat in the form of muffins etc. However, the jewel in the crown is the pub about 50 yards away through the car park, The Two Henrys. Very good food with cheerful staff. Makes the visit perfect. They now do breakfasts.

The downsides. Awkward to get out of car park due to HGV's illegally parking on the slip road out to the main road. I've complained about the diamond shaped kerbing used to plant trees in in the car park. Most of the trees have disappeared, the white paint has weathered off and combined with poor lighting they are nigh on invisible. First visit we arrived in the dark and torrential rain and I clouted £150 worth of alloy wheel on one of these things. I did complain but nothing had happened up to our last visit. Finally, one of my pet hates! I've complained numerous times about them tucking the duvets in so tightly that when we pull it free to get in bed (impossible otherwise) we then spend 10 minutes making the bed again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were down at Shawbury to help marshal the Anfield 100 mile bicycle time trial on Monday 26th. We booked in for one night on the 25th at the Travelodge as it was just ten minutes away
from Shawbury. The room was clean, tidy and just what we needed before the 0345hr alarm.

Room Tip: Book early for best deals.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We took a family room, our daughter is 2.5 years old. She slept on the spare bed. We took our bed guard from home, so she wouldn't fall out. Room was a little bit on the hot side for my liking, but you can open the windows in the room. It was a lovely big room, big enough for three of us. Lovely and quiet indoors and out. We had a very comfy double bed and a good night's sleep. 30 mins of free wifi which was just enough time to check on emails etc or make arrangements for onward travel... The only breakfast facilities at the hotel were a breakfast box, we chose not to order these when booking as we would have had to order 3 (as there were 3 of us) and they work out about £5 a head which I think is quite expensive. You can eat at the SPAR shop in the petrol garage opposite the hotel! The SPAR has three tables (perhaps not suitable for very young children as they are high bar stool tables) and they have a hot food counter (not sure what was on offer as we didn't know about it beforehand and anyway bought cereal and milk to eat at a friends house) but at least there is something, considering the hotel has nothing! I would definitely stay at this hotel again, because it was quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, The room was very spacious and clean, a few issues were the room didnt have a chair at the dressing table as pictured so i had to sit on the bed to do my hair and make up, and the pillows on the bed were extremely hard, woke up in the morning with a very stiff neck, the room was good, provided us with the basics such as kettle, some cups,tea coffees etc, but only one bath towel in a double room, alot of extras such as towels and hairdryers needed to be asked for at the reception desk, which when you want to get settled in for the night you dont want to be trekking back and forth to reception

• Stayed: April 2014