“Great atmosphere, great coffee.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Armoury
Ranked #1 of 32 Nightlife in Shrewsbury
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere, great coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick lunch and found the food to be good quality and the service was excellent. I specifically asked for my coffee to be made quite strong and was pleasantly surprised - it was a great coffee. I have struggled to find good coffee in England so I will definitely be back to The Armoury!

Visited June 2014

63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“I'm stuffed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Visiting shrewsbury for the weekend, we were recommended to dine at The Armoury. The mushroom soup was flavoursome and two fish cakes with tomato salad was to die for! All our meals came piping hot served on hot plates too. Reservation required but we managed to get a table. Great atmosphere and lovely views over looking the river. All staff very attentive and polite. Would eat here again

Bournemouth, England
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Lovely bar, atmosphere and food, very surprised by the bad reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This bar has a great old country style feel while maintaining relaxed and modern throughout. The service is excellent and the food was good too. We popped in for a drink on Friday night and felt comfortable and relaxed to stay for a few and subsequently book for Sunday afternoon dinner. The food was very good and we opted for the fish pie and the steak and ale pie. Both were excellent and their unique selection of ice creams we has for desert was something new. (Bubblegum flavour?!) as mentioned the staff are excellent, a youthful mix and unlike some places with young staff they are knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. If I lived closer I would return regularly.

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Delightful and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stopped here after looking around Shrewsbury. It always nice to find a pub that allows dogs inside as well as out. The service was really friendly and professional, definitely above average. Our meals were well presented and tasted fantastic. We both agreed the sharing meat platter was the best we've seen (annoyingly even better than ours) and I was scraping the sauce from my pithivier off the plate.
It gets busy so book if you can, best choice we found in Shrewsbury.

Visited April 2014
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Overpriced for what it is !!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Popped into the armoury as it was my wife's birthday to have a bit of lunch and a chilled afternoon ...ordered a bottle of house rose and checked out the menu .
The wine arrived and it was nothing special ...the menu was nothing special also actually rather lack lustre so we decided to pay for the wine and go elsewhere to eat ...£19.95 for a no name house rose are you having a laugh ??
I could pick up a better bottle down asda for no more than £6 and the weatherspoons next door we're selling Zinfandel for £7 ...I know you've got to make your money and I would have expected the prices to have been inflated to around £13-15 a bottle but 5p shy of £20 is just ripping your customers off !!
If your reading this and your out in Shrewsbury looking for somewhere nice to eat my advice is give the armoury a miss there's plenty if other nice places that aren't out to fleece you .
If your wondering where we went ..loch fyne ...and in a word excellent !!!

1 Thank Beanyboy61