“Jazz Evening”

The Hive - HMM Arts Ltd
Ranked #35 of 79 things to do in Shrewsbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Jazz Evening”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Went to a jazz evening at The Hive it was an excellent evening out. The venue is small, so there is a great atmosphere. There are drinks on sale which are also reasonably priced. Excellent evening out.

Visited August 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brilliant Jazz venue”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

As a jazz fan I feel very fortunate to have The Hive in my home town. The standard of the acts I have seen there has always been excellent and the intimate venue gives the audience the opportunity to really feel part of the music (there acts play on the same level as the seating). The monthly Shrewsbury Jazz Network gigs showcase the talents high profile jazz performers from the UK and around the world, the gigs cost as little as £12, which is incredible considering the ability and experience of the acts on offer.

Visited March 2014
Habib M, Manager at The Hive - HMM Arts Ltd, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Many thanks for your recent review of the Hive with respect to our regular Jazz Concerts and music events. I'm pleased that you are happy to have the Hive as a local venue - and have no doubt that the Shrewsbury Jazz Network will value your feedback. We hope to continue to see you at music events long into the future!
“Great buzz”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had some time to kill in Shrewsbury this morning so I decided to drop by The Hive. I used to drama here growing up and ran an event here myself a while back, but had never just taken time to sit and have a cuppa and ponder what else it has to offer. The staff are always so friendly and I could easily spend an hour or two having a natter with them about what's happening in the venue. I settled myself in for a cup of tea whilst looking at the collection of local photography being showcased. Does every other arts venue have pets? Because they should! Rabbits and birds frequent the beautiful little studio garden. I felt quite at home. Maybe next time I'll go for a longer visit and have a biscuit to go alongside my brew.

Visited March 2014
Habib M, Marketing and Administration Co-ordinator at The Hive - HMM Arts Ltd, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Hive, after your recent visit to us. It's always positive to hear from people who used to visit the venue - and I'm pleased to see you discovered some of the many other benefits which we have to offer. See you again soon, I hope!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great community arts venue”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have attended a few film screenings, by Shrewsbury film Society and Shropshire Rainbow Film Festival (LGBT).

Staff are friendly, helpful and obviously committed to values that encourage equality. They have great events for young people, getting them involved with creativity. They are enthusiastic about what they do.

The venue is informal, yet comfortable and well-equipped. It feels welcoming to all.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Habib M, Marketing Co-ordinator at The Hive - HMM Arts Ltd, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Many thanks for your feedback on the Hive as a venue. I'm pleased to see that you recognise the passion and dedication from our small staff team, to hopefully provide a first-class experience all around.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Habib Malik-Mansell, Marketing.