“clean friendly hotel”
Review of Lord Hill Hotel

Lord Hill Hotel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have just returned from a long weekend at The Lord Hill we were upgraded to the Abbey Suite which was very clean and spacious, the hotel is excellent value, and the staff are very helpful and friendly, food was excellent and plenty of it, would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lord Hill Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A three nights stay, one wedding and many guest stopping at The Lord hill in June 2014.
From Jenny the wedding planner being spot on,helpful only ever a phone call away, and making sure every thing ran to the minute, which it did, to the food being absolutely perfect, the beef being the nicest we have ever eaten to the rooms being lovely. All staff polite and helpful the in house DJ getting it just right and the general manager running the show with perfection I can honestly say that I will recommend The Lord Hill Hotel in shrewsbury for every aspect they provide. I generally and honestly thank the whole team from the kitchen , reception ,bar and waiting staff for making our very special day perfect and will be signing the praises for years to come. Thank you so very much.

Room Tip: I clicked on pool and fitness by mistake
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing value for money lovely hotel very elegant staff are very helpful and we were able to leave our car there in the morning before we checked in it was a short taxi ride to the roman vineyard nice size room breakfast was very good service brilliant I would highly recommend it .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank twtam
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a lovely one nighter :) My room 208 was wonderful loads of room with separate shower and bath, small living room and big comfy bed. Wished we could have stayed longer.my daughter stayed in 109 which although was not as big as mine was still comfortable..would we stay again ..yes.

Room Tip: Room 208 if you want space and quality
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bonosbaby
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Have stayed at lord hill twice before in main hotel lovely stay,,
But this time stayed in the lodge room lovely room ,but on returning on our night out for bed at 9pm we had a tapping noise coming from the wall every 2 seconds we hoped it would stop but after a hour we had enough rang hotel and night porter Paul wood came to check .
As Mr wood could not find where noise was coming from and we could not sleep in the room we asked to be moved .
Unfortunately no spare rooms available at lord hill .
But Mr wood found another room in another hotel for us and a taxi to take us there,these things happen with no fault of the Lord hill hotel ,but would like to thank Paul wood for all his help and professional service in dealing with issue,and because of this will come back to the Lord hill hotel again .
Thank you Tricia Howells (Jackson) stayed April 12 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MITZY6
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Very handy for walking into Shrewsbury centre. Food was good but portion sizes varied. ( left hungry one night and over faced the next (veggie options)
The only thing that spoiled our stay was noisy sewage pump that fired up at 7am (room 31). Our friends in room 41 were woken by it too!) otherwise I can recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was on my own and on business so this was just a stop over but turned out to be a real treat. My room was in the main hotel and I loved the quality fittings in the bathroom, soft closing loo seat, a double shower head and individual toiletries. The main room was small but again with quality fittings. View was over a flat roof so nothing special but it was reasonably quiet over night despite a large road nearby. For breakfast I choose scrambled eggs - it was a big portion and I dread to think how much butter was in it but it was truly delicious. There was no mention of the free wifi in the info pack which was a miss - also they should probably have put a copy of the hotel menu in the pack and I might have eaten there instead of going into town. If I'm in that area again I shall certainly make a return visit.

Room Tip: Stay in the Main hotel, the lodge is set apart from this.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business