“Little gem amazing food amazing little cafe”
Review of O'Joy - CLOSED

O'Joy
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a bistro specialising in delicious, healthy and fresh food, vegan and lots of gluten free. We are also a town centre wellness retreat offering prebooked and walk in appointments for complementary and alternative therapies
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I came here for lunch, was absolutely delightful, had a beautiful sandwich, coffee was probably one of the best I've had in shrewbsury it's so refreshing to go somewhere different other than chains, staff are absolutely brilliant, Excellent service, lovely chilled atmosphere, didn't want to leave .

3  Thank Queengrey
BeckyPorter1, Owner at O'Joy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks so much for your review and for supporting an independent cafe! Great to hear you enjoyed your food and experience!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Amazing food with lovely ripe tomatoes and obviously prepared with care. Also very friendly service and a relaxing atmosphere. We loved it and shall be returning-and we aren't even vegetarians!

1  Thank Nellyw333
BeckyPorter1, Owner at O'Joy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Lovely to hear your enjoyed your food and experience at Optimum Joy, thank you

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Made another exceptional visit to Optimum Joy today for lunch which was a first for us - although it was a bit of a toss up whether we had breakfast as I had a hankering for scrambled tofu again but we decided as we hadn't tried the lunch menu, to go for that.

My husband and I decided to order two of the main lunch dishes (Balsamic roasted tomato bruschetta with walnut and rocket pesto and a Quinoa mixed salad) and share both of them, which looking at the menu and other dishes on offer, would be how we would do it in future as well. Portion size and taste, spot on. The walnuts in the bruschetta dish had my husband reminiscing about caramelised popcorn and they were indeed very moreish. I must add, the food is also aesthetically pleasing, which makes the whole dining experience even more enjoyable.

Again service spot on - definitely feel the more you visit, that you are remembered; atmosphere relaxed and chilled. The Chef came out to speak to us again and we both think he is absolutely lovely and his creations simply marvellous!

I was recommended to try their chocolate cake and although I didn't have room to eat it there and then, it was put it a take out box, in a little bag to take home - its that level of service that really makes this place special for me. Anyway, their chocolate cake - simply heaven!

I'm already planning my next visit - which will definitely be sooner rather than later.

5  Thank altecobee
BeckyPorter1, Manager at O'Joy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review, I hope to meet you next time you are in!

Becky

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We often dream of happening across a place that will cater for us perfectly and for once our dream came true. Optimum Joy is worth travelling to Shrewsbury for. The chilled out atmosphere and the friendly staff is one thing. But the food - is in my daughter's words - simply divine! The cup cakes are delicious, the vegan breakfast heavenly and the light lunches are quite simply perfect. We are already planning are next trip...

4  Thank Ajesw14
BeckyPorter1, Owner at O'Joy, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I absolutely adore this place. It's so light and calming - you automatically feel at ease as soon as you walk in. I have been here quite a few times with my fiancé but usually I just pop in on my own to grab a soya latte. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. Best coffee in town :-)

3  Thank SoontobeMrsSoloman
BeckyPorter1, Owner at O'Joy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review! Im pleased to hear you find the atmosphere calming and enjoy our soya lattes, we are now offering hazelnut and almond milk also :-)