“Gorgeous place with food to match!”

St Nicholas Shrewsbury
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have been in to the cafe numerous times and it never fails to impress me! Cakes are to die for and the lunch time menu is great-so much choice, and much more upmarket than your average 'cafe food'! Staff are always helpful and no matter how busy they are will always stop for a chat. So much space too compared to these other very cramped coffee shops! Very impressed :-)

1  Thank John E
"shampoo and conditioner"
"gowns and slippers"
"relaxing environment"

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Went in here on Saturday night... Staff was friendly... BUT the prices for drinks are terrible. I bought double rum and dry, double amaretto, pint of squash and half a larger.... this came up to £16.50. I was talking with my friend when the barmen gave me the money back so didn't realise it was that much. Wouldn't go here again sorry...

2  Thank Katiecooke22
TootsiesBeautyShrews, Owner at St Nicholas Shrewsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hi Thank you for taking time to voice your concerns about our prices. Following your comments we have redone our market research and have once again found ourselves in line with all bars in Shrewsbury - HTH, Libertines, The Alb and Porter House. When you order a double premium brand drink, this is what most people would expect to pay (especially a top shelf Rum, you didn't have the house)… we are certainly not expensive and average at £3.30 per shot.

May I note that you were entertained free of charge by live music and our bar is inside of a converted church….neither of which come for free! :-) Our customers don't only come for a drink, they come to soak up what I feel is a pretty special and unique atmosphere in Shrewsbury.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went here for my hen party and it was lovely. the spa was beautiful and all the ladies were lovely. we all had a great time and I will definitely be going back

1  Thank KRL12
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've popped into the cafe at St Nicholas on numerous occasions as I just find it such a lovely atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make your visit special. I've visited with friends and young children too and again they are very flexible with portion sizes and making sure you have all you need to enjoy your stay. I can completely recommend the cakes too...maybe a little too much! Pop by you won't be disappointed! :-)

1  Thank Ally B
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2014

After a busy day shopping in Shrewsbury we decided to pop in to have a coffee an have a nose around & we were not disappointed.
The building is beautiful with a lovely chilled out atmosphere, there was plenty of space to be able to easily push the pram right the way through and have it next to the table (something most places lack!)
Once there the food looked an smelt so good that we decided to stay an have lunch which was lovely, we were also told that as it was a weekday in the summer holiday the kids ate free, bargain!
Everyone was chatty an friendly and we couldn't leave without trying one of the amazing cakes!! We will definitely be visiting St Nicholas again.

2  Thank Apritchard12