“Finding reasons to go back! I don't need persuading :)”

Momo's - The Noodle Bar
Ranked #23 of 383 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had my Birthday meal at Momo No Ki on a Friday evening- having chosen the restaurant on recommendation from two of my friends. There was a table of 13 of us and we all really enjoyed every morsel of food.
The waiter (James) was lovely and helpful- and very patient with our animated table of loud chatterboxes! The service was outstanding and the food was excellent- mouth-wateringly tasty and well presented. I tried the small Yakisoba (seasonal greens, tofu, kimchi, Yakisoba sauce, peanuts & Togarashi spice) with udon noodles, which was delicious and left room for pudding (the yummiest pistachio ice-cream I've ever tasted). My friends were impressed with their meals too- and the desserts were to die for. My only complaint would be the price of the drinks- but the meal was reasonably priced for the portions.
I'm going to go back at the earliest opportunity and have already decided what I'm having!

3  Thank K J

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This restaurant is a delight, quirky and stylish with super food. My husband and I went for our anniversary on Saturday and loved it. The staff were really friendly and helpful and advised about portion size and what things were on the menu. I probably ate too much but had to make it to the dessert because I'd read rave reviews. We shared one and it didn't disappoint. Pistachio brulee with millionaire shortbread, the brulee arrived in real egg shells hollowed out on a nest of hay with the shortbread on the side. Divine. I highly recommend the piggy bits as well. We will definitely go back.

5  Thank Cherrybsmith
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

A group of 12 of us visited for a friends birthday and I have to say it was one of the best group experiences I have had.
We were upstairs on a long table and from the moment we arrived we had excellent service.
I am lucky enough to have been before to sample the delicious menu, but some of my friends had not and were finding it hard to choose. The waiter and waitresses couldn't do enough to help and recommended food and drink to us.
As for the food.........our table was silent while eating apart from sighs and ooooooos.
I enjoyed the Yaki Soba with chicken. YUMMY!

You will have 12 people returning with friends.
Many thanks!

5  Thank Jocreates
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited here three times since they opened last month. The best noodles I've tasted by non-Japanese chef. Loved the ideas of Japanese dashi and Korean taste mixed together. Everything I tried was amazing and presented beautifully. I took my family and friends for Saturday lunch and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They were happily booked a table for us and even served the noodles in two separate bowls for kids to share. Exciting to see all the menu and specials in such an excellent quality using local ingredients. Definitely be back again to try out all the different food!

4  Thank Kaori-O-Hood
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the sharing special which had a shrimp cracker dish, sushi of the day and a beautiful beef and rice dish. Good portion sizes but left enough space for the most amazing deserts! Probably should have shared one but hey ho. Not surprised that it is so well reviewed. Definitely recommend.

4  Thank Mooruk