“Delicious meal in stylish surroundings.”

The Peach Tree Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 358 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shrewsbury's most popular independent cafe bar and restaurant, located opposite the historic Shrewsbury Abbey, the building itself dates back to the 15th century but with a modern twist. We are situated directly next door to Havana Republic bar and restaurant, and also Momo No Ki Ramen Noodle Bar. We also offer a wide selection of cakes and pastries throughout the day accompanied by a great range of coffees, teas and hot chocolate too. Reservations are advisable, and can be made by telephone, facebook, twitter, or through our website.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Delicious meal in stylish surroundings.”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We ate here on a weekend stay in Shrewsbury, we picked the restaurant from trip advisor hoping it lived up to the good reviews...we were not disappointed!
The food we had was superb, served in an imaginative way showing that the chef employs great attention to detail. Duck was cooked beautifully, wine was good.
The decor is stylish, a successful mix of comtemporary and classic. The overall ambience is relaxed, with just enough buzz to make you feel like your night is just beginning!
Loved it!

1 Thank happydays29

Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Not on our list of places to return sadly......”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

From the outside the Peach Tree Restaurant seems to offer a wide range of foods at fairly reasonable prices, it appears to be busy and with a wide variety of clientele. It kind of makes you want to go in there, so we did.
After a long walk around Shrewsbury, a town that offers a host of things to see and do (especially if you like shopping), the Peach Tree is situated pretty much next to the Abbey and was the perfect place to stop for lunch.
The menu looked inviting, the prices reasonable and so in we popped......
It took forever....and I mean forever for our food to arrive. But looking at the description of food you think that if it tastes as good as it sounds it will be worth it.
The soup my partner received was lukewarm. It tasted lovely, but lukewarm soup is not his idea of a good meal, nor mine. So he complained and was given a very apologetic response and a replacement soup arrived within a few minutes. Amazing how the 2nd soup arrived so quickly after the first took so long to arrive. Not only that, I was supposed to receive hand cut chips with my sandwich, but these seemed to be missing. Apparently the menu changes all the time, so they can't read what's currently on it, however they arrived along with my partners soup and were piping hot.....lovely....same couldn't be said for the 2nd bowl of soup sadly. Still lukewarm. But given how long we'd been waiting a 2nd complaint wasn't worth the hassle.
Flavours of the food were good, the size of the portions were good, the Waldorf salad my partner ordered with his meal was beautiful, if a little difficult to eat from a 'cup'!
I had to pay a visit to the WC and was quite shocked by the state of them if I'm honest. To make a place look so inviting on the outside, even the eating areas, one would expect cleanliness or at least decent workmanship in the toilets. However there was a broken toilet flush, scuffs and mucky paintwork on the doors, but worst of all was the narrow nature of the cubicles so much so that I was practically sat on the sanitary bin (I'm not particularly wide I might add), and next to me on the other side a ledge that was quite frankly filthy.
I'm very considerate being a business owner myself that one has to make the best use of space to maximise return but I felt a bit like a sardine in a tin with the amount of tables they cramped into the room. Certainly not a place for those who don't like to be sat in close quarters with their neighbour.
It has to be said at this point that at the end of the meal the 3rd different waitress we'd met asked if everything was ok, and upon explaining that we'd sent one soup back and had a batch of missing chips she did say we'd get something reduced from the bill. True to her word she deducted practically the full cost of my partners meal from the bill. However, the girl serving us on the 'checkout' as it were, didn't seem to notice this when we asked for the bill and the waitress who applied the discount mentioned it to her (and us) so that we paid the amended amount.
Not a place we'll return to I'm afraid.

2 Thank Kat W
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, service & value for money!”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Recently went here for a special occasion and after checking out the menu's online beforehand we decided to go for the two courses for £10 deal, as this was available on a friday evening until 7.30pm and looked great. They were particularly helpful when I dropped off a balloon and table confetti earlier in the day and I was pleased to see the table had been decorated appropriately when we arrived in the evening. My parents were very pleased. Three of the party had Ham Hock Terrine, one person had crab salad and the other had soup. They were all very well presented and tasted great. For mains we actually all went for the smoked salmon and new potato dish, fantastic! We also had pudding and coffees, again very tasty if not a little over indulgent. We were not rushed at all during the evening and felt very relaxed and looked after, the atmosphere and background music were just right. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others, evenings with friends, family and for couples.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jess W
Shrewsbury
“Never fails to disappoint”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Took the other half for a bit of impromptu romance.
Brownie points all round.
Very busy when we arrived.
Fear not the lovely J was on hand.
Had a quick drink in the champagne bar.
Ordered.
Scallops with cauliflower, bresaola with baby vacherin, great.
Mozzarella with chorizo & roasted balsamic shallots, Persian lamb.
Better than last time.
These guys seem to be very serious about food, service and all round professionalism.
Already booked for next weekend.
Need to impress the in laws (god bless em).
Thanks again we had a smashing time.
Sometimes it's best not to book.
No expectations.

2 Thank Jim M
birmingham
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We had our wedding lunch at The Peach Tree in September , a small party of 13 in the White Room. It was perfect. Fabulous food, excellent service and the room was ideal for us. Everyone had a great time so a big thank you to all the staff for making our big day great!

• Visited September 2012