Enjoyed a three night stay at what is now known as Porterhouse SY1. It is a vibrant and popular cafe bar in a lovely part of the very attractive town of Shrewsbury. We stayed in the Suite which comes with a separate sitting area as well as a roomy bedroom and beautiful spacious bathroom. We ate in the restaurant the first evening and the food was sublime (not cheap - but worth the price) and the service excellent. One word of warning, it is not the place for you if you like an early night - there is customer noise and music until around midnight and the staff don't finish clearing up until about 1.00 a.m. but even so, I would readily recommend this accommodation. We specifically went to Shrewsbury to attend the annual flower show - what a great day out!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PorterHouse.Sy1 enjoys a great location in the heart of the historical town with easy walking access to the railway station, local tourist spots and many great independant shops and boutiques. Four stylishly decorated double rooms are complimented with contemporary en-suite bathrooms, flat screen tv's and free wi-fi access. Breakfasts are provided each morning and the on-site restaurant, headed by our award-winning chef is there for everything from a quick lunch to a special occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your PorterHouse.sy1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mad Jack`s Hotel Shrewsbury
- PorterHouse.Sy1 Shrewsbury, Shropshire