This is THE PLACE to stay if you're going to shrewsbury. My wife and I came here on our honeymoon after a few days in London and it was the perfect place. It's right in all the shops and has a fantastic restaurant of its own. Within a five minute walk in any direction you have all the shops you'd ever need, pubs with live music (Tudor house is the best) and a beautiful park to relax in.
My wife has officially dubbed shrewsbury, The Shire, and I couldn't agree more. There are beautiful green fields, historic churches and pubs full of cheer.
The charm of porter house is unmatched. There's a small number of rooms but they are awesome. The design is a perfect balance of new meets old. The design is updated but the floors are uneven. The restaurant falls under "shabby chic" with touches of a pub but the class of a city menu.
If it wasn't for my job, I'd move here in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PorterHouse.Sy1 enjoys a great location in the heart of the historical town with easy walking access to the railway station, local tourist spots and many great independant shops and boutiques. Four stylishly decorated double rooms are complimented with contemporary en-suite bathrooms, flat screen tv's and free wi-fi access. Breakfasts are provided each morning and the on-site restaurant, headed by our award-winning chef is there for everything from a quick lunch to a special occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your PorterHouse.sy1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mad Jack`s Hotel Shrewsbury
- PorterHouse.Sy1 Shrewsbury, Shropshire