“AWFUL! DO NOT GO! YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR EVERYTHING AS YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING!”
Review of ASK Italian - Bath

ASK Italian - Bath
Ranked #208 of 598 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Based in the Royal York Hotel in the centre of Bath, we've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I visited this restaurant on Tuesday night as a staff party. They knew we were coming as we booked well in advance, to be honest you would get better service at Domino's.
In total there was 8 of us and they coulden't of been any slower with the service. We placed our drinks order and it took the waitress about 15-20 minutes to bring our drinks over, then it just got worse from there. We all ordered our main course and it took about 45 minutes for them to bring it to the table. They brought each meal over in two's and then took about 10 minutes to bring the next lot out. By then half of us had already finished by the time the other people's food had came out. Every dish they brought to the table was FREEZING cold? what kind of service is that? I had to send my dish back for them to re-heat it in the microwave.
The service was SO SLOW it was getting to the point of being boring, not once did anyone come over to our table and ask if everything was ok? it was embarresing.
Coming to dessert we all placed our orders which again took forever, a lot of us ordered chocolate cake which was supposed to come warm? did it hell the ice cream was warmer then the cake, so again I had to send it back.
My boss then ordered an Irish coffee and about 20 minutes later the waitress came over and explained that knowone was EXPERIANCED to make an Irish coffee! it was laughable!
My manager then complained to the manager and they reduced the fee by a small amount but still had the cheek to add a service charge on to the bill? HA what service?
I think that this restuarant is called ASK for a reason because you have to keep asking for stuff as once is not enough!
I would warn every single person to never enter this restaurant again! all 8 of us will never visit that place again!

1  Thank sg1988

Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is the first time I've been to Ask for quite a while. They have changed the menu to include some other dishes besides pasta and pizza. I had a very nice Vegetable Rissoto. This is a good, reasonably priced restaurant. My main complaint would be that service was terribly slow and they were clearly under staffed. Sometimes discount vouchers are available online which does make this restaurant very good value.

Reviewed 25 June 2009

We ended up in ask by accident as had not booked anywhere, we were quickly shown to a nice table (not to close to each other)

Our waitress was brilliant, she was always there when we needed something and didn't even have to write our order down.

The food was good quality, seafood rissoto was really tasty and the hot king prawn starter was also good, wine was nice and not too expensive!

All in all a lovely evening at a reasonable price

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 January 2008

Nice food, quick service, a bit loud though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook