“Demuth's/Acorn”

Ranked #29 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$30 - US$38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A vegetarian restaurant unlike any other. Modern, exciting food using local and artisan ingredients. A place to relax with friends and family, a glass of wine and food to remember.
Durham, North Carolina
“Demuth's/Acorn”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife, mother-in-law and I stopped into this restaurant while we were in Bath for vacation. My wife is the vegetarian and I am just the accomplice. We popped in after checking out the menu and I was pleasantly surprised. We decided to just get plates off of the starter menu and share and it was a great decision.

The chickpea plate was my favorite. I was expecting something similar to a felafel but what it was actually more akin to a ball of humus and whole chickpeas lightly fried. Great version of a felafel.

I also had two of the organic beers off of the menu and they were great as well.

My mother-in-law had the rhubard vanilla martini and she really enjoyed it. I gave it a taste and though it was good also.

• Visited May 2014

Sacramento
“Good But Not Great”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Ate at the Acorn after reading the great reviews. The pros: beautiful presentation, nice atmosphere, good service. The cons: rather bland overall and not as health oriented as I expected. Aimed more at people trying to avoid meat than at people trying to eat a healthy diet.

3 Thank dtzot
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Luxury, romantic, comfortable atmosphere to eat”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We decided to try this all-vegetarian restaurant in Bath as the website seemed to have a lot of class to it. It did indeed! The atmosphere was candle-lit and cosy - not shabby like some veggie-friendly places can be. Felt like a posh restaurant on the romantic side.

The staff were friendly and accommodating to our additional dietary needs. It caters a very unique menu - a different taste and texture worth trying whether you are veggie or not! I would definitely recommend it and would return to try other options on the menu.

Speaking to the owners, the restaurant had been operating under a different name for years before management changed but they kept the same head chef - clearly, they know what they're doing.

The only criticism is the pricing being higher than I would normally expect to pay - however, it's worth experiencing at least once! Great to take a date or partner somewhere different. And it's good to support an entirely veggie restaurant which is rare to find!

• Visited April 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best veggie meal I have ever had”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Such a treat to go to a restaurant and know everything on the menu is a choice! The welcome in the Acorn was professional and friendly, and we had a nice table, but the service throughout the meal was exceptionally good, timed to perfection and consistently polite.

The food was something else altogether, the starter I chose (see photo) arrived and looked absolutely stunning but I can't even begin to describe the range of tastes in the salad part of it, there was something in it that I can't get out of my head and want to go back for more of, for certain. The main courses we chose were both delicious and the smells as they were put on the table were amazing.

Interesting information cards also to be found on the table, as well as recipe books for sale once you've got a taste for the delicious food.

I will definitely go back here, as soon as I'm in the area again. I was taken here for a birthday treat and it was definitely a massive treat to my tastebuds. The service was outstanding as well. It's just a shame there are not more veggie restaurants like this around.

• Visited April 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“splendid food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Really loved the food here, it is very expensive and it is fine dining. It has a good variety of wonderful dishes on display, and if your pocket can take the strain then you shall love it here .Try the vegan curry, because it is really splendid.

• Visited May 2014