“Sublime Sunday”

Ranked #30 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$30 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A vegetarian restaurant unlike any other. Modern, exciting food using local and artisan ingredients. A place to relax with friends and family, a glass of wine and food to remember.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked a table for Sunday lunch and I was delighted that the entire meal was available as gluten-free. Our starter of carrot and cashew pate (recipe card available) with pickled vegetables and honey drizzle was beautifully presented on slate and the nut roast that followed was equally delicious and lovely, with a side of rosemary potato cake, carrot and flavoursome gravy. Dessert of chocolate mousse in a glass jar with raspberry sorbet was the perfect finish to an elegant set menu… and all for £13.99. Service was friendly and efficient. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen

Reviewed 21 May 2014

had vegetarian friends staying with us and took them here and it was amazing food , very well presented and lovely flavours, would def go back and two of us were not veggie!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Glad to see there has been some improvement as our visit was a disapointment despite excellent food.
We went to sit at a table and were told very frostily we were not to do this despite the table being free.
The staff were unwelcoming and seemed uninterested generally,we felt uncomfortable.
It would be interesting if we were in the area again to compare.

3  Thank 71Tink
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife, mother-in-law and I stopped into this restaurant while we were in Bath for vacation. My wife is the vegetarian and I am just the accomplice. We popped in after checking out the menu and I was pleasantly surprised. We decided to just get plates off of the starter menu and share and it was a great decision.

The chickpea plate was my favorite. I was expecting something similar to a felafel but what it was actually more akin to a ball of humus and whole chickpeas lightly fried. Great version of a felafel.

I also had two of the organic beers off of the menu and they were great as well.

My mother-in-law had the rhubard vanilla martini and she really enjoyed it. I gave it a taste and though it was good also.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Ate at the Acorn after reading the great reviews. The pros: beautiful presentation, nice atmosphere, good service. The cons: rather bland overall and not as health oriented as I expected. Aimed more at people trying to avoid meat than at people trying to eat a healthy diet.

3  Thank dtzot