“Fantastic vegan dining”

Ranked #47 of 648 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$30 - US$38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Food crafted from plants. Multi award winning vegan and vegetarian restaurant serving extraordinary food that changes minds. PLANTS TASTE BETTER - Our cook book, released 15th March 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Bought some vouchers for a friend for her birthday as she is vegan and always complains about lack of choice on menus. This place was fantastic. Were given some bread and oil and an amuse-bouche then had starters and mains and shared both so we could try it all. Beautifully presented food, tasty and imaginative. Glad we shared the courses as some were quite rich. We also had potatoes on the side but were surprisingly full with our four courses. Would highly recommend for a nice evening. I’m not vegetarian or vegan but fully enjoyed it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed 19 October 2018

I'm going to caveat my miserable two stars with two words: Nut. Allergy. And yes, if I'd realised it was a vegan restaurant, I wouldn't have chosen it. The reason I avoid vegan food is because of the over reliance on nuts. This was my experience here; a scan of the menu told me that of all the dishes, one was relatively safe, and one contained beetroot, which as far as I'm concerned is the work of the Devil. So my one safe dish, mushroom pasta with green beans, was absolutely delicious: the sort of meal one wants to go home and cook again to see if its possible to replicate. But all of the starters and the puddings were off limits. The staff were nice, and eager to accommodate me, and the restaurant is lovely, the food was apparently delicious, but I could eat so little of the menu without a long conversation that I left hungry. I'm not totally immune to the delights of veganism, and I wish the menu could have included more diversity, say with more pulses perhaps, or perhaps even a trendy avocado. I had a coffee, but went without the almond milk or oat milk (in coffee? ewww!). Its a nice place, and I'd send a vegan friend there, but I'd probably not eat there again myself.

2  Thank St0chastic
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We loved the many differrent flavors in our dinners from the three-course set menu. This was a fine dinner.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Having wanted to visit Acorn for a few months, the opportunity came today.

It did not disappoint.

I will be back very soon :)

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I love The restaurant and the food is the most amazing food ever. I have been there twice and lovely food . But the both time when we went there with empty restaurant they offer us the table on the middle of the restaurant. I and friend asked to move and the waitress after talk to other came back and said sorry is fully booked. We were there nearly 2 hours no customer sitting there. It is just lack of effort even to offer us other convenient table . Just make sure you preference your table when you call to book. And the non alcoholic cocktails, the English garden was terrible . No taste . But the food was outstanding and delicious.
I will definitely back.