“Pleasant place to spend the evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Tasca Bath - CLOSED

La Tasca Bath
Price range: US$6 - US$70
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Bath.
Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasant place to spend the evening.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

La Tasca is situated next to Pulteney bridge, and it overlooks the river and rugby stadium across the river. We had booked a table, and were sat at quite a small table next to the window. For some reason, all of the beers on the menu were not available, but this was okay. I had not been to La Tasca anywhere else, so I assume the menus are the same. The waitress was helpful in helping pick a good combination of foods. I have to say the omelette was disappointing, but I don't blame the restaurant. Perhaps omelette is intrinsically a bit dull! The calamaris was good, and the bean and chorizo stew was great. We shared a pudding, and the the whole event was very pleasant. There is some outdoor seating, but I am not sure whether you can take dinner there, or just drinks etc.

• Visited August 2014
HOLA!
Thank You for You review.. We are glad to hear some opinion about our tapas and we'll try our best to improve it with Your next visit..
We are looking forward to see You again soon!
Mucias Gracias! :)

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Tapas”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice tapas food served and the jugs of sangria taste lovely. The staff are very helpful helping you choose and there is a huge selection of tapas to choose from as well as paella.

Visited July 2014
HOLA!
Thank You very much for Your review.. We are happy You had lovely dinning with Us. Our team is always happy to help and give some advice. Feel very welcome to visit us again! :)
Bath
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great food, happy staff, we loved it, advise to book as it does get busy. we had window seats overlooking the river fab.

• Visited August 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

HOLA!
Thank you for Your nice opinion. We are glad You did enjoy visit with us!
Looking forward to see You again.. soon! :)
kirkham
“Disappointed with this visit”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

If you read my reviews you will know that I am a lover of La Tasca however the one in Bath didn't live up to my expectations of La Tasca. We were sat in the back area of the resteraunt - no music, I asked to be seated at the window seat but the staff didn't clear any of the tables whilst we were there so ended up staying put. We waited over half an hour and I had to ask if they would take our order, they did - I know that they were busy but they took the drinks out to people who arrived after us, which is poor management! When I asked about our drinks a young waitress said, we are really busy, staff have not turned up and they have made a mess of the rota, we are sorry - oh you don't want to hear this I guess! No of course I don't!
Food arrived after being taken to 2 other tables first! Food wasn't as good as normal, 2 of the dishes were mainly sauce with 2 or 3 pieces of meat.
We had a coffee which they comped us for waiting so long and then had the cheek to point out we could add gratuity! I always tip over and above but sorry not this time.
Places do get busy and I do not mind waiting what I don't want to know and see is unorganised flustering staff. Huge let down will need to go back to Manchester Tafford to build up La Tasca again:)

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank susiewoof
LATASCABATH, Manager at La Tasca Bath, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hola!
We are very sorry to hear about Your bad experience at our La Tasca. We always try to treat Guests very welcome, with a big smile and excellnte service... We are sorry so much we failed that time and You couldn't enjoy Your dinner enough.
I'd love to improve Your visit so please give as a ring on 1225466477 and hope You can comeback and give us one more chance..
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, fantastic staff!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We throroughly enjoyed our meal here, we had never eaten at la tasca before and will definitely return. The paella was lovely and my boyfriend particularly enjoyed the pork cheeks. We were served by Natalia who was exceptionally friendly and helpful throughout. Overall a lovely evening, thank you!

• Visited July 2014
LATASCABATH, Manager at La Tasca Bath, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
HOLA!!
It is pleasure to read Your review! We are soo happy You and Your boyfriend enjoyed dinner at La Tasca...
Natalia thanks You very much as well and we are looking forward to see You again! (SOON) :D