“Beautiful house, perfect location”

Review of Monmouth Mews

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
suz3685
“Unethical Business - Morally please do not give your money to BathHolidayRentals.”
Reviewed 4 July 2018 for a stay in July 2017

I had such a terrible experience with BathHolidayRentals it has taken me a year to build up the strength to write this review.

I was due to stay at Monmouth Mews in July 2017 for my sister's hen do. Sadly, my mother was unexpectedly taken into hospital three weeks earlier. Very quickly it became clear that she was not going to get better and was in fact going to pass away. Needless to say this was beyond devastating for me and my family.

I called Alexa from BathHolidayRentals and explained the situation, that we were going to need to cancel the hen do and the property booking. I even sent her proof from the hospital. Given the circumstances, I expected her to refund the booking, especially since they still had two weeks to fill the property and would likely be able to secure another booking for that weekend if they put some promotional effort behind it. Every other booking I had for the hen do was refunded in full and everyone was very kind and sympathetic. But the response from Alexa was astonishing.

She was totally unsympathetic. She told me that the hens should just go on the hen do without the bride and without myself (bride's sister). Of course, this was not an option and I hope you can understand why I was shocked that she even suggested such a thing. I asked her whether I could speak to the property owner and appeal to his/her good will but she flatly refused. She showed me no empathy. No understanding. She was cold and heartless and I have never done business with someone who lacked so much human compassion. Alexa left me with no choice but to cancel the booking and pay for it in full.

My mother passed away 3 days before our scheduled stay. My sister never had a hen do. Nor did she have her mother at her wedding a month later. Furthermore, on top of the expense that comes with a bereavement, I had to pay in full for the entire property.

All I can say is that business should never come before human compassion. I hope if anyone finds themselves in such an awful situation, including those at BathHolidayRentals, that they are treated with kindness. It doesn't cost anything to be kind and to try and help people. Even if Alexa had tried to help and be supportive I would have understood, but sadly she added to my emotional distress at a very distressing time. Please give your money to a more human business and avoid BathHolidayRentals.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Jul 2018
I am of course terribly upset to receive your review. In 12 years of running this business I have not had such a review. I lost my own Mother when I was 26 so I did have compassion because I in fact knew what you were going through. We tried to re-rent it in the very short notice but please understand, as I explained at the time, I am contracted in to pay the Owner so in the end it is the Owners decision with whom I had discussions. If I had refunded you I would have had to pay the Owner out of my own pocket. I am of course sorry for your loss.
LucyE1982
Bournemouth
“Beautiful house, perfect location”
Reviewed 15 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

This beautiful house was perfect for our weekend away - it was comfortable enough to house 13 of us, with 3 showers, there were plenty of facilities within the home for everyone to use. It was very modern, yet cosy and easily walking distance to the centre of Bath in just 10 minutes. Everything was supplied that we needed for the weekend and would definitely recommend a stay here. The large car parking area was also very convenient, less than 5 minutes walk away.

laurabJ79...
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant in every way”
Reviewed 13 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Stayed in Monmouth Mews in Bath for 2 nights for my best friends hendo. The accomodation was perfect, amazingly presented, great amenities and a well stocked kitchen. Very nice touch when we arrived, a fresh packet of coffee, 2 bottles of wine and 2 packs of chocolates for us all. Bath Holiday Rentals were very helpful when we were having trouble finding the property, especially Marcus Pope he was very polite and patient and efficiently answered all my email enquiries on the run up to the weekend. Also got our refundable deposit back after 7 days with no problems at all. Great company to deal with, would highly recommend them and the property :)

jenny w
“Absolutely perfect for my family needs”
Reviewed 9 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We found Monmouth Mews to be perfect for the group of eleven , comprising Grandparents, Children / Spouses and Grandchildren. The accommodation was up to date and all we could ask for . The situation was convenient for a walk into the town centre , and on behalf of the Grandchildren a short walk to an excellent children's playground from which we had difficulty persuading them to leave to do other things. Also convenient for parking and for trips to the surrounding countryside. If the occasion arises I will have no difficulty in booking again for a similar sized grouping. Thoroughly recommend.

13 Jun 2017
Hi,

Thanks so much for your kind words, I am thrilled you enjoyed the house and the children enjoyed Victoria Park!

Hope to see you again if you are ever in Bath!
Nomad6670...
“An amazing venue for a hen party weekend!”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We had an amazing stay at Monmouth Mews for my friends hen party. It was an ideal location in the center of Bath and walking distance from all the main attractions. I was particularly impressed when we arrived to milk in the fridge and wine and chocolates in the kitchen! Thank you for a lovely stay, I will definitely be returning in the future.

8 May 2017
Thank you very much for your kind words, I am thrilled you enjoyed your break in Bath and hope to see you again if you are ever in Bath.
Joe B
“Fantastically warm social house in a great location”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

What a great house for a get together, really well appointed and decked out with everything you need. The built in speakers, "smokers patio", heated floors, Netflix, layout and ample seating (great sofa) made it a really social house that was a pleasure to stay in. The location was great and just a short walk in to town with some great pubs in walking distance. The beds were comfy and the space just great.

Your age range 35-49
21 Feb 2017
Fabulous. Thank you for your kind words. So pleased you enjoyed it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing