Open today: 07:30 - 21:30
Book In Advance
Tours from Around and About Bath tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Around and About Bath
from US$79.60
from US$66.39
from US$146.05
More Info
All reviews history teacher private tour his passion his knowledge walled garden small group ideal guide oldest hotel in england historical pub talbot inn filming locations nunney castle beautiful english great storyteller country lanes places visited personal tour
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Bath is a lovely place with plenty of things to do and see. Nice parks and gardens to visit. Get on a touring bus and the sights are good. Buses run almost through the year.

Date of experience: June 2018
julesmittra, Owner at Around and About Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Sidney,

Thank you for the lovely review. It is meant for us at 'Around and About Bath' or for Bath as a destination in general?

If it is the latter, may I ask that you repost it in the 'Bath' review section as I think your intended audience will really appreciate your thoughts!

Many thanks,

Jules

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended if you’d like to get a bit more depth to your experience of the area. We were pretty lucky in being the only two on the tour so we had Nigel’s expertise to ourselves for the day. A very knowledgeable and entertaining guide, we really felt from the pickup like we were just out and about with an old friend.
There was just the right balance between information provided and time allowed to go off on our own and browse.
I never realised there’d be so much to learn about Stonehenge. To see it on a cloudless day, almost devoid of other tourists was a bit special (ok it was cold; and Nigel didn’t manage to arrange that there be no traffic on the A303. You can’t have everything I suppose!)
Lunch at the Talbot Inn in Mells was terrific. A lovely villlage. And the Inn obviously has a reputation; incredibly busy for a Monday lunchtime in December.
Finally there was shopping and coffee/cocktails in Frome. Lots of quirky little shops concentrated in 2 medieval streets.
Those were the highlights. But lots of other memories of the Somerset and Wiltshire countryside.
Many thanks to Nigel for a fantastic day.

Date of experience: December 2018
NigelF391, Driver Guide at Around and About Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Keith,

It's Nigel here, I hope you are well! Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an amazing review, that means so much to not just me but the whole company! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our day together, it was brilliant to connect with some Scots & find out more about what life is about for you. You'll be pleased to hear that Around & About Bath recently celebrated Burn's Night & we found Haggis to be very enjoyable!

We do hope to see you again soon if you are ever in the area.

Kind regards,
Nigel

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

My 27 yr old daughter and I spent two wonderful afternoons with Jules, the owner, and loved every minute. We spent the first day in beautiful Stonehenge and countryside villages, and the next afternoon on a fascinating historical Pub Tour. Jules was endearing, interesting, very smart, a ton of fun and extremely energetic. We learned a lot of English history and I can’t wait to go back - I would highly recommend Around and About Bath. It’s worth every pound, mainly because Jules is so fun. A must do if you plan to be in the area.

Date of experience: November 2018
julesmittra, Owner at Around and About Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Hi Beryl,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and positive review! It was such a pleasure to meet Belle and yourself and spend a few days with you exploring the local area. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much, I did too! And I loved the Bobo's oat bar by the way!

Anyway, I'm so glad we got to meet and spend some time together and I hope that you'll come to Bath again, should you decide England is worth a return visit. Meanwhile, if I'm ever heading to Boulder, I'll make sure I say 'Hi' (and will remember to bring my yoga pants!).

Warmest regards and best wishes to you both!

Jules x

Reviewed 13 September 2018

This review is a little over a year late (was July 2017), but I wanted to finally take the time to comment that Jules provided a great day touring Stonehenge and areas around Bath. He is super knowledgable and passionate about the history of the area. We went to a historical pub (The George Inn), had a lovely afternoon tea at the Walled Garden at Mells, visited Nunney Castle, had a nice lunch at The Talbot Inn, drove through some lovely country, visited a church or two, and of course saw Stonehenge. Met some lovely people and had great conversations. I would highly recommend any of the tours based on the lovely day I had.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Very spacious van, was able to handle all nine pieces of luggage (six check in at max weight each and three carry ons) in the back section.

Driver greeted us at arrivals, we made a quick loading of the van and were on our way in very short order.

Smooth driving down the M4 to Bath.

Much more pleasant experience than any alternates we have taken to date.

Date of experience: August 2018
Jules M, Owner at Around and About Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure picking you up at the airport and chatting on the way back.

Many thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers,

Jules

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This was an extraordinary experience, very relaxed and an individual approach. Unlike other tours, this felt more like doing a tour with friends. We saw places that we would never have seen and had lunch and tea in fabulous places. We also liked the approach of limited number of guests. In fact we were lucky that the tour was only for the three of us. A special thanks to our guide Nigel and all the information provided and the deep discussions we had

Date of experience: August 2018
Nigel F, Driver Guide at Around and About Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi Ralph,

It's Nigel here, I hope you & the family are well! Thank you so much for posting this kind review, I'm so happy that you enjoyed the day as I came away with a huge smile on my face having enjoyed every second... The conversations we shared and your wonderful insights are why I love doing what I do.. Thank you so much, what a brilliant day!

Safe travels, I hope you got some good shots of Bath from above!

Warmest Regards,