1,316 results
All reviewslord nelson roomasher suiteroman bathslady hamiltonsycamore roomold plane tree roomelinor dashwoodquiet squarecrystal palaceperfect locationguest housetrain stationpump roommodern bathroomhomemade jamsbreakfast was deliciouschristmas market
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Abbey View self-service apartment - 2 nights
The place were very clean and the owners and staff nice and helpful, several going the extra mile. No lift or AC. Since this was late June we had to open windows everywhere which increased the night noise and provided easy entry for bugs since none had screens. I thought prices were very reasonable considering the particular room and services we used. We never had a car so I can’t speak to parking arrangements.

Very large self-service 4-room apartment up 1 flight of stairs (owners helped with the luggage). The bath was one of the best with a over-sized shower. It was well designed and had everything I could think of including a fully equipped kitchen and clothes washer/dryer. It was on a busy street that was somewhat noisy until around midnight. But the bedroom was on the other side so no real problems. The best part was the location. It was a street over from the Roman Baths and the Abbey (don’t miss these). It was in the middle of the main restaurant and bar area and 2 minutes from the river. We walked everywhere with no issues. I highly recommend the free 2-hour “Mayor’s tour” done by locals. It covered all the main sights.

On the way to Bath, I pre-booked a private tour by Alan Price (noted in RS book). He picked us up at Heathrow with our first stop Avery and the large stone rings and burial chambers (Long Barrow). This is much bigger than Stonehedge and fully accessible. We visited the Wells Cathedral and Nunnery Castle on private land. We toured until jet lag caught up with us and he dropped us at our apartment in Bath. I highly recommend Alan for his knowledge of the area and its history. The tour was a great way to start our trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fachambers2
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Our visit was the highlight of our trip. We did a whirlwind tour of London and Paris. Our last visit was to Bath and Three Abbey Green. It completely lived up to our expectations from the Trip Advisor reviews. Our room (the Westwood suite) was not only beautiful but extremely comfortable as well. We were not bothered at all by noise. Our hosts were lovely and very informative. Breakfast was delicious. The location has to be the best in Bath! We were exhausted from our previous journeys and it was so nice to be able to come back to our room during the middle of the day to rest a while before setting out again. We will be back again!

Room Tip: Westwood suite has a beautiful side room for a child to have some privacy. None of the hotels we stayed at in England and even my British relatives do not use top sheets on a bed. It wasn't too hot in Bath so this was not a problem. We had to request one at our London hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently stayed at 4 Abbey Green, a separate house run by Three Abbey Green and it was fantastic. The location couldn't be better for exploring the City and soaking up the atmosphere of Bath. The place was a perfect home from home; the kitchen was well equipped, the sitting room very relaxing and the bedrooms beautifully finished and so comfortable. There are some stairs to climb but I loved being in the top floor room - it was a great workout and gave a real feeling of seclusion! The owners are very helpful and it is just great to find a lovely family run business, unique but so professional!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here whilst in Bath for a friends 40th Birthday Celebrations. It's location is just about perfect - an easy few minute stroll from the train station on arrival, and you literally fall out of the front door in to Bath's many attractions.
The outside of the building is "Pure Bath", from it's Bath Stone masonry, to it's Town House stance and the moment you walk through the door you feel very much welcomed.
We stayed in the Lord Nelson (being ex-Navy, I couldn't resist) which is fabulously decorated, complete with amazing four poster bed. The room was very spacious and had plenty of sitting (something I always look for, as I am invariably waiting for the better half to get ready), and had everything you could want from an iPhone dock to a flat screen TV.
Sue, Derek and the team made us feel very welcome - and I feel compelled to mention the breakfast: Everything (and I mean everything), that can be sourced locally, is. From local juices (I really like that they choose not to serve Orange Juice as the "food miles" involved are unacceptable - locally pressed apple juice is their alternative), family made Jams and Marmalades, and local produce for the full cooked breakfast. Awesome.
I would definitely recommend Three Abbey Green, without hesitation.

1  Thank TaffInHants
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Our tour guide for the Cotswolds recommended this charming inn and I'm so glad he did. Derek, the owner, is very welcoming, funny, and accommodating. The inn is lovely with a beautiful old English charm, while still being entirely up-to-date on amenities you might need. Be sure to wake up for breakfast, where you get to know other guests, enjoy a delicious meal, and enjoy some orange marmalade made by Derek's sister.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lord Nelson room, with a full, king-sized four-poster bed and a beautiful sitting area. It was easily the size of two English hotel rooms. The shower is among the smallest I've experienced in Europe and there is no lift, so not ideal for special accommodations.