Three Abbey Green
  • Breakfast included
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)
  • Pool
1,250 results
All reviewslord nelson roomasher suiteroman bathslady hamiltonsycamore roomlilliput courtold plane tree roomelinor dashwoodb bquiet squarecrystal palaceperfect locationtrain stationguest housepump roomhomemade jamsa stones throw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2008

The Three Abbey Green was recommended in the Rick Steves guide and has never steered me wrong in Europe. The Bed & Breakfast "Three Abbey Green" did not have two rooms for all 6 nights we required, but Sue & Derek (owners) told me they had two bedroom/two bath flats. WOW!!! I was concerned at first about privacy, but the flat was large enough to give each person his own space and creature comforts were awesome. The flat had everything to include a washer/dryer and out of this world coffee maker. It was like walking into a new home - immaculate. The views of the Catholic Church and green hills of Bath were great. Location for business/military travelers or tourists cannot be beat. Sue & Derek are gracias hosts. Sue, Derek, and staff take great care of you at Abbey Heights or Three Abbey Green.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank colonelhughes
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Having just returned from our long weekend in Bath we felt the need to cooment on our superb stay at 3 Abbey Green. Having arrived by train (and after only a 5 minute walk from the station) it was lovely to be greeted so warmly by Sue the owner, who made it feel like a home from home. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and were always available to offer suggestions of good places to visit or their favourite eateries. Our en suite room was cosy and peaceful, the bed was extremely comfortable (I can be quite picky!) and it was wonderful to sit on the window seat watching the world go by below. The range of rooms (in terms of size and furnishings) is great and means that there are rooms available for all visitors.

Breakfast was wonderful. The breakfast room is light and welcoming and offers a choice of cereals, juice, hot drinks, and fruit. This is then followed by a choice of hot breakfast items which are cooked fresh to order. I was particulalry impressed that various dietary requirements could be catered for.

It's central location makes it a great base from which to see all that the Bath has to offer. With the main shopping streets, the Abbey, and the Roman baths all within a couple of minutes walk of the front door!

Having been to many different hotels and guest houses, I have to say that 3 Abbey Green is definitely one of the best in all aspects. All in all a fantastic 'mini-break', the only problem being having to leave!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Queen_Beanie
Reviewed 2 February 2008

I booked 4 rooms at 3 Abbey Green for my 30th Birthday. I had never stayed in a B&B before, being wary of the sterotype of small musty rooms and shared bathrooms down the hall. But after not being able to find other suitable hotel accomodation, I took a leap of faith based on the recommendations I had seen on this site.

I was totally blown away. All the rooms were beautifully decorated and clean - providing more ammenities than any hotel I've stayed in recently. Better yet, all the bathrooms had been modernized with a shower that provided great water pressure! Nici and her staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and the breakfast was fantastic as well.

Coupled with the central location in Bath, I can't see myself staying anywhere else next time we visit and have been recommending 3 Abbey Green to all my friends and collegues (especially the Lord Nelson room!!)

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2008

Thought that I would copy to you what I wrote in a thank you email to the people at the Three Abbey Green Guest House in the heart of Bath ( a place that I would highly recommend to your readers).

"We had a truly wonderful time staying at your memorable Guest House. Even my particular way of preparing fried eggs were followed to the letter! We hope to return someday and will recommended it to friends and family. I think that I forgot to write a comment in the guest book. Please write 'wonderful stay!' ''

Kindest Regards,

Suzanne Redstone

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2008

we stayed here for 2 nights on our first visit to bath and loved it so much we tried to book the second time we were visiting but it was fully booked out which is a testament to how nice it is!!!

Lovely quaint and very in keeping with the type of building rooms, very very friendly owners and probably one of the best, freshly cooked breakfasts I have ever tasted - it would be worth going back for that alone!

Great location - only downside is no parking although there is a pay and display around the corner which seemed fairly safe.

I would definitely go here again.

Stayed: April 2005