1,320 results
All reviewslord nelson roomasher suiteroman bathslady hamiltonsycamore roomold plane tree roomelinor dashwoodquiet squarecrystal palaceperfect locationguest housetrain stationpump roomhomemade jamsmodern bathroombreakfast was deliciouschristmas market
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The house is situated in a cobbled square which houses a massive ancient tree. It is perfectly situated, literally minutes away from The Abbey, Roman Bath and Thermal Spa and easy walking distance from the railway station. Lots of shops restaurants and bars are nearby.
We stayed in the Sycamore room which is on the third floor overlooking the square. A lot of stairs so not for the faint hearted. However, there are rooms on the ground floor if stairs are a problem. The Sycamore room is spacious with old style furniture in keeping with the age of the house. The ensuite bathroom is large with a good shower. Wi-fi is available in the room or one can access a computer and printer without charge which was really useful. Also a fridge was available if required. Checkout time is 10.30 but bags can be safely left until later in the day without charge. Breakfast is freshly cooked and locally sourced - jams and marmalades are home made.
Vicki and family were warm, friendly and accommodating. We greatly appreciated the gift of champagne and flowers we received when they learnt we were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary.
The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is noise disturbance. Buskers play in the square in the afternoon and the Abbey bells and revellers returning sometimes disturb the peace at night. It did not greatly affect us, but if you are an international traveller and need to rest in the afternoon it may do. Complimentary ear plugs are provided.
We would certainly stay there again and would recommend to friends.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank explorer60_10
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Don’t be put off by the appalling traffic in Bath. Drive round in circles (as we did) until you find the right road, then fight your way past the traffic wardens and illegally parked taxis until you are within spitting distance because when you get into the apartment the effort is so worth the effort it is ridiculous.

We stayed in one of their ‘apartments’ rather than the hotel, we like a bit more space and the ability to ‘pig out’ with a drink and a large packet of crisps in-font of the box, if we feel like it.

The only word to describe the apartment is ‘outstanding’.

A haven of peace and quite right in the heart of Bath, almost next door to the baths and a stone throw (literally, even I could hit it with a half decent throw and I’m no Flintoff) from the abbey. Luxury from the king sized bed to the padded floor in the kitchen and bathroom, more than well worth the ‘Gold Award’ they have received.

I have no idea what the home hotel is like as I had no need to go to it but I guess the same standard will be maintained there as well.
For anyone wanting a central location in Bath to ‘walk’ the city and who wants the space and independence a self-catering apartment gives, then there is no better place than this, particularly as there are outstanding restaurants within a very short walk – see my review of Tilley’s all of 72 yards away!

Did I mention the people who own the place are helpful, come out to find you and help move your bags into the apartment, well I should done, friendly and helpful, they even gave us a parking permit so we could leave our car just up the road, thank God as I had no desire to brave the traffic of Bath again!

Come and stay here you will not be disappointed and if you are then there must be something terribly wrong with you because the wife and I are the most picky and particular people you would want to meet when it comes to accommodation and eating out, read some of the other reviews I have posted and you will get the picture.

This place is outstanding

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoodieOswestry
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed here two nights, end of June 2012. Welcome was terrific, with Alan and others giving us much information on things to do and see in Bath. Alan helped confirm a reservation previously made for transport to Stonehenge. The inn has compiled a list of nearby restaurant recommendations.
We had the Lady Hamilton room, on the ground floor. Good news: no stairs to climb with luggage, but, there is some street noise, though nothing really bothered us. The nearby pub was not a problem from that standpoint.
The breakfast featured the usual assortment of granolas, yogurt and fruit, but also cooked to order hot food. A “full English breakfast,” or just eggs to order. Breakfast was very good in a cheery little breakfast room.
The inn is located in a tiny little square with a tree planted in 1795 as the centerpiece. You are 200 yards or so from the abbey, and a few more yards to the entrance to the Roman Baths, a must see in Bath. It’s within walking distance to the train station, even with luggage, like us. Sally Lunn’s restaurant is right around the corner. Wifi didn't work so well, but a computer is available for use down by the kitchen.
The room was spacious with two nice stuffed chairs to relax in. A small closet to hang clothes. The bed(s) were two singles pushed together, and very comfortable. The blackout curtains worked very well. The bathroom featured a good-sized shower with a rainwater shower head with adjustable height.
Everything was clean and neat. Location is excellent, but if traveling by car, parking might be an issue. We arrived by train, departed by rented car, but don't know where we would have parked.

Room Tip: You don't need a car in Bath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaliforniaBillJ
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed in the Lord Nelson room and it was wonderful! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had to leave early to catch a train one morning, so they offered to serve us breakfast before their normal hours. The location couldn't be more perfect for restaurants, the train station, Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths. Everything was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again with our family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This was my first time in Bath and found the Three Abbey Green through Trip Advisor. What a find! After just a short walk from the train station, I was warmly greeted and taken to my room, the lovey Sycamore. Beautiful room with lovely views over the square. Breakfast was delightful and the smell of the sausages cooking woke me up every morning. I cannot fault this B&B, it is truly wonderful. Thank you for a great stay. I will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo