1,320 results
All reviewslord nelson roomasher suiteroman bathslady hamiltonsycamore roomold plane tree roomelinor dashwoodquiet squarecrystal palaceperfect locationguest housetrain stationpump roomhomemade jamsmodern bathroombreakfast was deliciouschristmas market
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We got this B&B very last minute in August and got a room on the top floor which was described as 'small' but was still bigger than our bedroom at home!! I think we had the only room with a direct view of the Abbey from the window which had a window seat in, absolutely brilliant.
Breakfast was first rate with hot food being ordered and served to our table which made a nice change from it just being piled high on a make shift table like you find in some B&B's.
Owners were very helpful and gave some advice about where to visit and eat.
Only downside was the noise during the night from late night revelers but the hotel does provide ear plugs free of charge and you are staying in the most central location of Bath so what would you expect.
Considering booking the self catering apartment next time as they look fabulous!

Room Tip: The Lilliput Room is on the top floor but has a view of the Abbey!
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First, I am technically reviewing Four Abbey Green (the apartment next door to Three Abbey Green and run by the folks over there - but it is a self-serving apartment vs. a B&B).

The location is just incredible. You stay in the HEART of Bath. It is so convenient and nice and we loved where we were at. You are one block from a Mark & Spencers, and walking distance to a bunch of solid restaurants like Sally Lunds. I cannot say more about the location in the heart of Bath.

The apartment was great for our party: Myself, my wife, our daughter (who turned 1 during our stay here), and my Mom. It had a working kitchen, a refrigerator and dishwasher, and came in handy for warming bottles for our little girl.

The beds were comfy and the staff had a crib in the room, so we were set! Additionally, we were allowed to use the computers at the B&B next door to check up on the World.

Now, I also have a very positive story about the staff and the fact that they went "All Out" to help us out and make our stay enjoyable.

The day that we were leaving, my wife and I took a cab to the Hertz located outside of the city (Rick Steves recommends making Bath your first stop in England and picking up your car on the last day). So, we get there - and when we do, they don't have an Automatic Transmission. My wife tried driving it, but we kept stalling and was burning through the clutch. She had driven one many years ago, but the combination of that and being on the wrong side of the road wasn't going to work.

We made it back after 2 hours to Three Abbey. The staff was concerned about us as my Mom and little Pamela were waiting. We explained the predicament. One of the staff said that her husband was off that day, and would drive us (and the car) back to Hertz. He did so, and Hertz was able to find us a suitable car in Cardiff.

We were very thankful that the staff looked out for us on that day (who knows where we would have been without their help) and truly appreciate it.

So, besides the location, the amenities - the staff is awesome and well worth a visit the next time I make it to Bath!!!

Room Tip: Get the Apartment next door at Four Abbey...it can't be beat!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Abnegazar
Reviewed 16 August 2012

In fact, much more than perfect. If you are going to Bath, stay at Three Abbey Green. The location couldn't be more perfect for restaurants, the train station, Bath Abbey and the Old Roman Fitness Center. Excellent service and great breakfast.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The house is situated in a cobbled square which houses a massive ancient tree. It is perfectly situated, literally minutes away from The Abbey, Roman Bath and Thermal Spa and easy walking distance from the railway station. Lots of shops restaurants and bars are nearby.
We stayed in the Sycamore room which is on the third floor overlooking the square. A lot of stairs so not for the faint hearted. However, there are rooms on the ground floor if stairs are a problem. The Sycamore room is spacious with old style furniture in keeping with the age of the house. The ensuite bathroom is large with a good shower. Wi-fi is available in the room or one can access a computer and printer without charge which was really useful. Also a fridge was available if required. Checkout time is 10.30 but bags can be safely left until later in the day without charge. Breakfast is freshly cooked and locally sourced - jams and marmalades are home made.
Vicki and family were warm, friendly and accommodating. We greatly appreciated the gift of champagne and flowers we received when they learnt we were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary.
The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is noise disturbance. Buskers play in the square in the afternoon and the Abbey bells and revellers returning sometimes disturb the peace at night. It did not greatly affect us, but if you are an international traveller and need to rest in the afternoon it may do. Complimentary ear plugs are provided.
We would certainly stay there again and would recommend to friends.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank explorer60_10
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Don’t be put off by the appalling traffic in Bath. Drive round in circles (as we did) until you find the right road, then fight your way past the traffic wardens and illegally parked taxis until you are within spitting distance because when you get into the apartment the effort is so worth the effort it is ridiculous.

We stayed in one of their ‘apartments’ rather than the hotel, we like a bit more space and the ability to ‘pig out’ with a drink and a large packet of crisps in-font of the box, if we feel like it.

The only word to describe the apartment is ‘outstanding’.

A haven of peace and quite right in the heart of Bath, almost next door to the baths and a stone throw (literally, even I could hit it with a half decent throw and I’m no Flintoff) from the abbey. Luxury from the king sized bed to the padded floor in the kitchen and bathroom, more than well worth the ‘Gold Award’ they have received.

I have no idea what the home hotel is like as I had no need to go to it but I guess the same standard will be maintained there as well.
For anyone wanting a central location in Bath to ‘walk’ the city and who wants the space and independence a self-catering apartment gives, then there is no better place than this, particularly as there are outstanding restaurants within a very short walk – see my review of Tilley’s all of 72 yards away!

Did I mention the people who own the place are helpful, come out to find you and help move your bags into the apartment, well I should done, friendly and helpful, they even gave us a parking permit so we could leave our car just up the road, thank God as I had no desire to brave the traffic of Bath again!

Come and stay here you will not be disappointed and if you are then there must be something terribly wrong with you because the wife and I are the most picky and particular people you would want to meet when it comes to accommodation and eating out, read some of the other reviews I have posted and you will get the picture.

This place is outstanding