1,314 results
All reviewslord nelson roomasher suiteroman bathslady hamiltonsycamore roomold plane tree roomelinor dashwoodquiet squarecrystal palaceperfect locationguest housetrain stationpump roommodern bathroomhomemade jamsbreakfast was deliciouschristmas market
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I had spent some time researching B&Bs in Bath as I was travelling on my own while pregnant & wanted somewhere central should I wish to wander but also somewhere that could a little haven to return to to write. And a haven it was! My room was delightful; hearing the abbey bells toll as I looked out through a gorgeous tree onto the square below.
My hosts were warm & friendly & helpful but I felt I still had space. The breakfast was perfection!
I had meant to write this just after my trip but I'd not found an opportunity. Now that I'm recommending my parents stay at Three Abbey Green in December I have finally taken a moment.
Thank you to the lovely hosts for my memorable first trip to Bath.

Room Tip: I had the room at the very top of the stairs. At 7.5 months pregnant it was worth every slow step as the room was charming!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Location is ideal, but difficult to get to in a car, but that applies to anywhere in central Bath! Best to just park your car and forget about it! Owners are very nice, helpful. Rooms good, breakfast good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We visited Bath as part of our tour of the West Country in August 2012, and picked this B&B based on reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. Three Abbey Green is in a great location in the centre of Bath, minutes from the Cathedral and Roman Baths. We arrived by train and were given excellent directions to the B&B, an easy walk from the station. The house is lovely and the welcome was warm, with lots of information about eating in Bath and the things to see. The breakfasts were among the best of our trip, freshly cooked on demand, and generous, with plenty of choice. The owners, Sue and Derek and their staff were available and helpful, but not intrusive.Our large and comfortable room was at the top of the house with a view over the Green. There was some noise from the pub over the road, but the church bells were louder! We didn't need the earplugs thoughtfully supplied.
The one disadvantage for some travellers may be the stairs, which are steep and fairly narrow, and difficult to negotiate with large suitcases. We would happily go back to Three Abbey Green, but next time will book well in advance and get one of the ground floor rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We travelled to Bath in August and stayed next door to Three Abbey Green at their self-catered flat Four Abbey Green. Originally booked at #3, I inquired about laundry facilities and Emma very helpfully suggested we stay next door at #4 - it was the perfect choice for our family! We were able to enjoy the charm of Abbey Green and its proximity to the Roman baths and Bath Abbey. The nearby Marks and Spencer was an easy stop for food.

#4 is very clean and has a lovingly equipped kitchen with everything you'll need. The kingsize bed in the master was extremely comfortable and bathrooms on each floor allowed us privacy while traveling with our kids. One bathroom has a generously sized shower and the other a tub. The bedroom upstairs can be one or two beds. Using the washer/dryer on the top floor was so helpful as we were at the point in our trip when all the laundry needed to be done.

The sitting room and kitchen level allowed us to relax in our own space, watch TV, brew a pot of tea, and prepare a couple of meals. The folks at #3 were just a door away if we needed anything and super helpful and welcoming. We had the option to book breakfast there but chose not to as we were so enjoying our stay at #4. A helpful binder is available to assist with information on appliances, nearby restaurants, etc.

Picturesque Abbey Green is just steps away from the Roman baths, the Abbey, The Pump Room (for afternoon tea), pedestrian shopping streets, Sally Lunn's (home of the Lunn bun and the oldest restaurant in Bath), and a short walk to scenic spots like Pulteney Bridge.

We loved our stay in Bath and it was only enhanced by our stay at Four Abbey Green. There are lots of stairs which were absolutely no problem for us but could be challenging if you have difficulty with mobility. Thanks for a wonderful visit - just wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WkndAway
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My friends and I graduated from the University of Bath in 1992 and I was tasked with the job of organising our 20 year reunion. I had stayed in the Penthouse for my sister-in-laws hen weekend and knew it would be perfect for the 6 of us. Most of us came by train and the location in Manvers street is perfect to pull a trolley bag up. Town centre round the corner meant food and wine were always on tap. The apartment was beautifully clean and organised on our arrival. The location was a great base to wander round all our old haunts. Being able to sit round catching up made it infinitely better than a hotel. We all agreed it was a perfect place for our reunion. I hope to return sometime soon

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends