“Fabulous Place to Stay!”
Review of Three Abbey Green

Three Abbey Green
Ranked #9 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
iowa, usa
“Fabulous Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 4 April 2008

Our family stayed at Bathwick view, the Abby Green sister property, over Easter Break. Our flat was pure heaven! All the rooms are very tastefully and warmly decorated, with a gourmet kitchen and spa like beautiful bathrooms. Contemporary style and extremely comfortable. The walk in shower, bathroom towel heaters, Washer/Dryer, amazing coffee machine, dishwasher, cozy dining and lounge areas, etc. were just a few of the reasons we loved staying here. And our teen girls loved the free wireless internet and the reading lights above their beds! We didn't want to leave and wish that we had been able to stay longer. The only drawback was that it is a little noisy in the morning, but the owners thoughtfully have earplugs available if wanted. Sue and Derek, the owners, are such warm, gracious hosts and they have thought of providing every ammenity that weary travelers would want. They even have fresh milk in the fridge when you arrive, and also provide coffee and tea, dishes, etc. . The coffeemaker made the best cup of coffee we've ever tasted. Nick even helped us carry our heavy luggage up the stairs to the flat. I highly recommend staying here. You will feel totally pampered.

• Liked — beautiful accomodations with every ammenity a tired traveler would want, hosts are super nice people
1 Thank elleleegreen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Toronto
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Three Abbey Green is the perfect little hotel to stay in Bath. As the name suggests it is right behind the Abbey on a picture postcard square. The Roman Baths are right next door. So are several excellent restaurants including Tilley's (French) and One Fish Two Fish, (well fish). The rooms are spacious, well appointed and nicely decorated. Our hosts, Sue and Derek were charming and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. The only knock about this place is also a plus. It is very hard to find by car, Walking in from the Abbey works well. The plus of this is the square has no traffic, or traffic noise.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — The trouble with parking
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikeycan
Rayleigh
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Our family of five, including 3 young adults wanted a reasonably priced central location for a long weekend stay over the Easter break. The Asher Suite at 3, Abbey Green hit the mark perfectly. The room was large enough to accomodate us comfortably, clean and well cared for. The hosts, Sue, Derek and Nici were very friendly and breakfast was lovely, if a little too promptly served! The guest house couldn't be located better to experience all the delights of Bath, positioned close to the Abbey, it's impossible to get lost! There are no parking facilities and parking is expensive but then, it is to be expected in such a renowned tourist spot. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate in booking again, next time we visit.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no parking facilities
1 Thank morse1
London
Reviewed 25 March 2008

My friend and I spent a long weekend at Bathwick View, one of the Three Abbey Green's nearby self-catering apartments, and would highly recommend this excellent accommodation.
The apartment was beautifully styled, immaculately clean, and was really well equipped with quality furnishings and all possible comforts. It's in a great corner location, minutes from the railway station and parking and very conveniently placed for shopping and dining.
We put everything to good use, putting together several meals in the smart kitchen, including a full roast dinner for Easter Sunday and we had everything we needed for the task. A particular treat was the fabulous built-in coffee machine that does everything except wash up after itself. Even the fresh coffee beans and the milk and sugar were provided (along with tea bags, ground coffee for the cafetieres and instant coffee for those who prefer it). The proprietors have given great attention to detail and gave us a very warm welcome.
After this experience, I wouldn't hesitate to book one of the apartments again or to stay at Three Abbey Green, which is also beautifully presented and (we could tell from our two quick visits) very well managed.

Gill Radcliffe (London)

• Liked — Clean and stylish
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
Penarth, Wales
Reviewed 24 March 2008

We recently stayed four nights in The Westwood Suite. Excellent accommodation and superb location with everything right on the doorstep. Bath is a beautiful city and Three Abbey Green the ideal place to stay with historical sights, places to eat and good shopping all just a few minutes walk from the front door. Thanks to Sue, Derek and family for helping to make our visit so very enjoyable.

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Myself, my partner and my elderly father recently had the pleasure of staying with Derek and Sue at Three Abbey Green, Bath.
We were warmly welcomed and had a beautiful room overlooking the green which was quite literally a stones throw from the Roman Baths, The Abbey, Sally Lunn's and some other lovely places to eat etc. Oh, and a 2 minute walk to the start of the Bath Half Marathon!
The room (The Sycamore) had an enormous, comfy bed, a large sofa, cast iron fireplace and was very tastefully decorated. Our en suite was immaculate, shower powerful and towels fluffy! Dad's room next door (The Lilliput Suite) was more than comfortable for a single occupant.
Breakfast was delicious and prompt and served in their beautifully clean, basement breakfast room.
Being in a city centre location meant there was of course, a few drunken revellers in the early hours wandering past singing but nothing that went on past midnight (or that the ear plugs wouldn't have blocked out if they were needed). It was a fabulous hotel which I couldn't recommend more highly!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Ginger_Fox34
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2008

This is a lovely central clean house in Bath and the rooms have tea/coffee making facilities. The house has a bright, attractive breakfast room. My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights last week (£145 a night) in the Asher suite and wished we had booked for the full week. We had first considered the week before, but were glad we chose early March and we had marvellous dry, crisp weather all week.

The Asher suite on the first floor (next to the Nelson,) has one big family room plus a smaller single dressing room and a good size bathroom. On the last night my sister's two adult daughters joined us and they stayed in our suite for a small additional payment of £15 each which covered their organic breakfast (which we all thought was very good). There are two twin beds which can be linked as a double if you prefer, plus a single bed on the other side of the main room. The dressing room also has a single bed. As I normally sleep on a Vi-Spring bed I found no fault with the beds which also had quality linen and a fine down duvet. The beds were excellent. I never used or needed the ear plugs. Once the pubs closed, any street noise died down and since we closed the shutters with the curtains when it got dark this helped too. Seagull noise mentioned before was minimal.

The rooms were large and comfortable and we were never cold as the heating was on until late in the evening. This was marvellous since it actually snowed on the way down to Bath on the Monday. The bathroom water was always piping hot. We selected this suite because it is the only suite/room in the house currently with a full bath. The other rooms are showers only. But I have to say the shower in our suite also had an excellent head and the showers we had were good. The other spacious rooms we saw on the ground floor, looked more than adequate. My sister also saw the smallest room and said she would have been happy to stay there too. There was a hairdyer provided in our room drawer.

Sue and Derek were really helpful, but never in the way. We felt very much at home and although it sounds as if its on top of the shops, the little green is in a delightful courtyard just around the corner from several places such as the Sally Lunn teashop, a shop with bead jewellery making courses and the Abbey. Shoppers will enjoy knowing it is just 65 paces to the back food entrance of Marks and Spencer although through the Green archway, so you don't really feel it's that near from a bustle point of view. Its also really near to a host of other interesting shops. Ok - chocolate and shoe shops. Lk Bennett etc...

I don't have any complaints and would very happily stay at Three Abbey Green again. Indeed my nieces (35 and 40) are planning a girly stay there or at the apartments. They loved it too. It is just so central and you soon feel like it is your place in the centre of town. It was just so much nicer than being in a big hotel.

If I have any negatives it's these very minor points which might improve the room for some, but others might not be concerned. It did not really spoil my break, but I think it could improve this suite.

By the time I arrived my sister had already used most of the 10 inches or so of hanging space in the wardrobe and she travels light. I travel with the kitchen sink. I like to hang my clothes and really this size room for me needed more hanging space. There are plenty of drawers, but at least another foot of hanging space would be a bonus. And yes you've gathered I like shopping and clothes, so for me being able to check my purchases in the mirror and hang up new buys is important.

The mirrors may well have been hung by a very tall person, because at 5'2" I could barely see my head they were so high up. This means you can't see your clothes full length even though these were large overmantle mirrors. A long door mirror would enhance the room - maybe in the spot behind that mystery curtain!

Finally as my sister and I are now both creaking a bit with twinges of arthritis, we both felt a safety handrail on the bath wall opposite the tap end or at the side or in both places would have been very helpful for getting out of the bath. Nice big bath though.

Thank you Sue and Derek - we really think your guest house made us feel like guests in your home. I would recommend this guest house with the current owners to Trip Advisor readers.

• Liked — Loved the very large high ceiling room, cleanliness of whole house, central situation and overall nice home from home feel.
  • Disliked — Inadequate hanging space in wardrobe intended for 4 occupants. No handrail at bath.
2 Thank Lauralamb