Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Best Choice for Photo Tour

All right, I haven't tried all the photo tours in Bath. But, I know an excellent one when I've... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
BobinSeattleWA
SECOND TIME WITH THIS PHOTO TOUR!

In June my daughter and I visited England and took this tour with Simon. I enjoyed it so much that... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Suzanne M
Winter Park, FL

All reviews sd card photography skills different perspective great guide walking tour lens pace photos architecture history information
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We spent a fantastic 3 hours with Simon with his The Twilight Bath Tour, going around many interesting sights in Bath learning how to use my camera. I joined with my wife and daughter & all enjoyed a lot. Simon understood our demand and made sure to get many great photographs. This tour is the best way to learn how to use some really key functionality of the camera with Simon. Simon is good at explaining and you will feel very comfort just like a friend. I am sure even experienced photographers will gain from 3 hours well spent. Simon was a very nice gentleman & knew interesting stories and kept us engaged the whole time. Neither my wife nor I were in great shape, were very tired, but honestly amazed at how much walking we ended up doing that evening. Brilliant evening!!
He took some excellent photographs of my 3 years daughter, which I missed in my camera & shared it immediately. This was a precious gift from him to us. Thanks Simon, well job done!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My daughter Meredith and I took this walking tour with Simon Christie in driving rain. It did not deter Simon who pointed out the advantages of shooting pictures in less than ideal conditions. We spent a good 3 hours scouring bath seeing things from a different perspective and enjoying the historic and architectural aspects of the city. Simon was shooting right along side of us...and at the end of the tour gave us his SD card out of his own camera. Nice touch. Well worth the effort and rewarding to say the least. Still enjoying all the pictures we got that rainy day in Bath.

FairComment, Owner at Photo Tours in Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you on two counts, Alan; first for booking the Tour and not complaining despite the terrible weather and secondly for leaving this kind review.

As you say, the weather was atrocious but we all made the best of the very uncrowded streets, the cloud formations, shadows and the reflective quality of wet pennant stone cobbles.

I very much enjoyed meeting you both and taking you on my tour of Bath.

Best wishes

Simon Mark-Christie

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My daughter and I met with Simon on a busy Saturday morning. For the next few hours we were educated and entertained in equal measure as we learned about the history of the buildings in Bath, the characters behind them, and how to photograph them to best effect. Simon is very personable, knowledgeable, and kept us going at a good pace to get the most out of the day. We were very happy to be guided around the main attractions, though Simon was keen to ensure we got what we wanted at each stop. Simon shared not just how to frame the pictures, but tips and hints on editing and formatting, even demonstrating this on his iPad as we sat outside the Abbey. If you are considering a day out in Bath with your camera it will be hugely enhanced by going on a tour with Simon.

FairComment, Owner at Photo Tours in Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hi Craig, many thanks for your appreciative review of my Photo Tour. It was a real pleasure to meet you and Abby and to accompany you around Bath. I am so glad that you both enjoyed your day and that you got some interesting shots of Bath.

Many thanks & best wishes

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I booked a tour with Simon for a few reasons: he was wonderfully communicative in response to my inquiries, he gave excellent suggestions with respect to which tour to take and I was particularly pleased that we would be the only party on the tour. I enjoy meeting people as much as the next person, but definitely was not interested in accommodating varied preferences on the tour. Simon was on time, offered to share the history of Bath as we walked - or not (we wanted to hear) and then was exceptional not only with the places and tempo of the tour but also with providing pointers and insights as needed or wanted while giving space if we wanted as well. He happens to also have a terrific personality - so the conversation was engaging and fun the whole time. Oh, yeah, the photos were fantastic, too. I'll post them more not typing from my phone.

Hi Kristen, thank you very much for your glowing review of my Photo Tour. It was a real pleasure to meet you and Sylvia and to show you around Bath. I am so glad you enjoyed the Tour and got some wonderful photos.

If you are ever in Bath again, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes and many thanks

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Simon met me outside my hotel and for the next couple of hours, we traveled around the city taking pictures of iconic architecture and kneeling down in the streets to take unusual shots of the Bath attractions. I learned a lot about the history and architecture of Bath. Best of all, though, I had the opportunity to learn some new photography techniques from an expert. I can't wait to return to Bath and take another tour with Simon.

Hello Dee, thank you very much for your exceptional review of my Photo Tour. It was a great pleasure to meet you and to accompany you on the Tour and I am glad you got some memorable photos of Bath.

If you are ever in Bath again, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes & thanks