“Nice lunch!”

Bistro La Barrique
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went there as a couple for lunch after our arrival in Bath. Ordered nice glasses of white wine to accompany the tapas we chose as part of the noon time meal special. Very good choice it was. Good service but we were the only one in the restaurant between mealtimes.

There are newer reviews for Bistro La Barrique

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently visited Bath with my two teenagers and happened to stumble across this fabulous restaurant. The menu catered for all our tastes and did not disappoint, even for my picky teenage son who thought the 'little plates' idea was very cool. The service was second to none and the waitress was very attentive (felt very looked after). Overall we had a thoroughly brilliant meal at Bistro La Barrique and I would urge anyone visiting Bath to book this restaurant and sample the many delights that are on offer.

Will definitely be visiting this restaurant again when I'm next in Bath. :-)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had a brief stint living in France and, having very much enjoyed dining over there, I had high expectations of Bistro La Barrique and I am pleased to say that it did not disappoint. I visited a couple of weeks ago and had a great evening, the atmosphere was lovely and the service was outstanding. The food was first class and thought the "Petits Plats" idea of French tapas was excellent. I would highly recommend La Barrique to anyone visiting Bath.

AKPLB, Owner at Bistro La Barrique, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you very much for your delightful review of our Restaurant, we are pleased we were able to remind you of your time in France and very much hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Table did not require booking, but a nice buzz of people. Food came promptly and was more than enough. Will go again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was an after theatre matinee performance dinner so we ate quite early at 18:30. It is just a few yards from the Theatre Royal and caters well for pre theatre dinner as well as after. Chef Michel Lemoine was at the bar and is a well known TV chef.
The idea of petit plats is very appealing and the menu has a nice selection to cater for all tastes. There were 3 of us so we ordered 6 main dishes and 3 sides which allows for a lovely variety of food to eat. The waitresses were polite and the food arrived quite quickly. People were also eating outside which is always nice to do.
The good parts about this meal was the variety of food that you could enjoy. It was well cooked but some dishes I thought were rather small and lacking in particular the Toulouse sausage that had very little meat and the ice cream for the tart tatin which was about a couple of teaspoons in size.
Service was good but not attentive enough for me. I had to gain the eye of the waitresses a couple of times when I would expect them to be looking at the customers to see if everything was okay.
The décor is not very French so the atmosphere doesn't come across as such. Also, there were a lot of dirty glasses on the bar which I think shows a lack of organisation and really puts me off. The bar is small as it is so this was very noticeable and spoilt the look.
Overall, the food was good and what I call fun to eat but there is a lot of room for improvement. It is ideal for the theatre and I am glad I went but with Bath having so many places to eat I doubt that I would visit there again. For what we got on our plates I think the costs were high and tapas bars give a lot more for less money. Monsieur Lemoine may be famous and on TV but I think to be a really first class restaurant that people will always return to then the service and look need attention - details count.
Still go for the food though :)

1  Thank Merlin_de_Manaus