Our family of 6 stayed for a week in Jun/Jul. The decoration of the house is prettier than what shown in the photos.
The nice things:
- It has everything you need, including dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- The house is clean ant the beds are comfortable.
- Very convenient. Walk to Bath city center within 10min. Nearby, there are small supermarket for groceries which opened till night.
- Just across the house, there is a big park with children's playground and lots of greenery; where we go for evening walks after dinner.
- Parking permit is provided for "Central" zone.
- The lady receiving us is very helpful and has a very nice smile.
Like to mention a few things that can be improved:
- The house is next to a very busy road, hence traffic noise can be heard from morning till late in the night, even when windows are closed. Maybe the 2 rooms facing the road can have better sound-proof windows.
- Understand most houses in UK do not have air-conditioner nor fan as weather is generally cool. However, there were a few hot days (29 to 31 degree Celsius) in June and it's really very very warm on the 3rd floor where most of the bedrooms were. May be good to provide some fans in summer.
- Parking outside the house can be challenging as the lots are usually taken by others. Can park at nearby areas, then walk back to the house.
Overall, the house is well kept and beautifully decorated. We have a nice time (except the few hot nights) staying in this house. Our family loves sitting around at the big dinning table downstairs to chit-chat; or go to the cozy lounge at 2nd floor to play board games.
This was a great house to stay in. Lovely contemporary finishes alongside the Regency architecture. Felt completely at home with all modern conveniences.Although called cottage, the layout, over three floors was conducive to a large house. Situated a stone's throw from lovely small shops of which Bath must be one of the few towns left which hasn't been spoilt by large multinational. it lies at the top of a one-way street, with free parking outside with a disc.