“Brilliant stuff, good food”

Same-Same but Different
Ranked #35 of 593 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: European, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Went there with my partner and ordered their signature sticky pork ribs and lamb merguez sausage tapas. Love the pork ribs! It's so flavourful. Reminded me of south east asian cooking. The salad that came with it was rather simple, sliced tomatoes and a few sweet gem lettuce, topped with some salad dressing, could be more sophisticated. Anyway, the staff was amazingly friendly, offered to take photo for us, and really helpful in recommending. Saw the lunch menu and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hidden gem is not to be missed. Staff are friendly and the atmosphere is one of calm controlled efficiency. I have to confess to having the best Eggs Benedict I have ever had! An interesting and doable menu that is created with quite some expertise . If you are wandering around Bath and find the usual fast food formula tedious give this place a visit. No frills or pretentiousness just great food at very reasonable prices plus fabulous coffee.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We came for dinner on a Friday night attracted by the menu. Restaurant is small but informal. Nice ambience with candles and Spanish music. I wouldn't say tapas menu was normal tapas but it was interested. We had the scotch duck egg with black pudding. This looked and tasted amazing. We also shared a ham croquette which was standard but my partner loved the tomato chutney. He was hoping they sold jars of them! I then had the sticky ribs and triple cooked chips which were perfect. My partner said they were the best ribs he has tasted. He had the pork collar with butterbean. He enjoyed it but would have liked a bit more sauce. We thought the meal was really good value. We could come back here again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were in Bath visiting our daughter and she took us to this lovely cafe for lunch. It's not big but on a Friday early lunchtime we managed to get a table without any problems. The food was fantastic - very fresh and tasty - we ordered two different sandwiches, bread and oil and a spanish omelette. Staff were very friendly and efficient. There was a nice atmosphere. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went with my daughter while on a short break away, pitched up on a Friday night without a reservation fairly earlyish and they managed to squeeze us in, lucky for us. The sticky ribs were amazing and the meat fell off the bone and the triple cooked chunky chips were lovely, warm chicken salad with winter honey roast veg was also great. Everything that came out looked amazing wanted to try it all. Staff were all very helpful. Atmosphere was friendly and cosy. Quite a lot of tables for a small space but that's fine with me.

1  Thank Lue A