“Welcoming, conveniently situated, comfortable and clean”
Review of Devonshire House

and 1 more site!
Devonshire House
Ranked #34 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Chris & Louise are friendly and welcoming hosts. Devonshire House is conveniently situated at the top of a hill, near shops and a Pub. Free parking is available at the front and back. Comfortable en-suite room with all necessities. Plenty of choice for breakfast including a full English on request. To be recommended and certainly hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TunbridgeWellsAlice

Reviewed 30 September 2010

We recently spent 2 nights with Chris and Louise Fry at the Devonshire House Guest House.
We were made to feel very Welcome! The Room was immaculate and very well decorated with some lovely personal touches!
We returned to our room one evening to find a bottle of fabulous red wine and two wine glasses on our bed!! With a lovely note wishing us a Happy Anniversary! (Special Touches that means so much!)
The Cooked Breakfast deserves a Michelin Star!! Thank Chris!
A very relaxed and comfortable stay! Only 15 minutes walk into Bath City Centre! With a very friendly pub right next door for that night cap!
Easy Free parking!
Would highly reccomend and would stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The-Cruickshanks
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I booked a weekend away to Devonshire House in Bath online, going with friends and taking my husband to celebrate a significant birthday. Chris and Louise, our hosts, assisted in keeping the fact our friends were arriving separately as a surprise for my husband and although they were late, everything went very well and they had even taken the trouble of booking us a table at the Devonshire Arms, a short stagger from the guest house. We had a bottle of wine waiting for us in our rooms on arrival. Our rooms weren't that spacious but very, very clean and had everything we needed for a short stay. (who stays in their room on holiday anyway?). The information provided about the local area was extensive and the directions given for walking into the city centre very clear. The continental breakfast choice was wide, to say the least. I wanted to try everything provided because it all looked so inviting. On the Sunday, the 'significant' birthday, we decided to have a cooked breakfast, (£5 pp extra) and Louise put a candle on the plate as she gave it to my husband and everyone at breakfast sang Happy Birthday. It was my first visit to Bath and I loved the city very much. A visit to The Pump House is a wonderful experience and we didn't have to wait long for a table, which can sometimes happen I believe. The buskers and human statues in the centre were execellent, really talented, especially John & Yoko, loved them! A bit disappointed in the Thermal Baths. None of the footbaths were working and the steam capsules all seemed to be the same. If you have been to the Spa at Centar Parcs, I think you would also be disappointed in the Bath Spa. The meal and service at The Devonshire Arms was excellent. On arrival I managed to whisper to the bar man that I was expecting our friends but they were running late and my husband didn't know they were coming and he immediately picked up on that and didn't rush with menu's or to take our order, which was great and the barmaid even offered to take our photo when our friends did arrive. The Polar Bear Restaurant was our choice for the Saturday night and really was disappointing in both food and service compared to The Devonshire Arms.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This was a lovely B&B with wonderful owners who were warm and friendly and very helpful. They made you feel at home as well as providing a professional service. The breakfast was lovely and all fresh with a wide choice on the continental choice or full breakfast. The room (twin family) was spacious with comfortable beds.
The location was good although I had forgotten how steep the walk down/up to town was!! Next time we would check out the buses and make more use of them.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Spent a very enjoyable week at this great B and B. Very comfortable, and Chris and Louise went out of their way to ensure my stay was enjoyable. Hotel was very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was a good way to start the day.
I would recommend a visit to the Devonshire Arms next door. There is a good selection of food, and a good range of beers.
I am looking forward to my next visit. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Just got back from a stay at Devonshire House. Haven't stayed in a B & B in quite sometime so wasn't sure what to expect. Chris and Louise, the owners, were very friendly, willing to give you advice to help you get as much from your stay as possible. The breakfast was nice in the morning, we didn't have the fry, but there was plenty of everything else. Breakfast ended at 9 in the morning and we found we were always down just before 9 but there was never any problems with us staying as long as we liked to eat. The rooms were lovely, nice fluffy quilts and old style furniture which was in keeping with what you would expect from a place like Bath. The city itself was lovely and I would recommend a trip to Jamie's italian for dinner, it was lovely and very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I booked this B and B for my friend's Hen Weekend. Before the stay, I received a couple of emails from the proprietors checking if everything was ok and if there were any changes to the stay (there were but this was not a problem at all) and also emailed to say that we could get our Thermae Spa tickets through them (this was brilliant and we also had a bottle of Hardys Bin 53 in our room on arrival for booking this option). You get a voucher to present at the spa reception and the price of your ticket is added to your hotel bill payable on departure.

I also received a phone call the night before just confirming everything and advising that although the rooms wouldn't be ready until about 1pm we could turn up any time really. There is on-street parking and there is also a courtyard behind where you can leave your car if you don't need to use it throughout your stay.

We asked for the room to be made up as a quad and this was no problem whatsoever - the room still had enough space for us all to get ready for a big night out.

The rooms were decorated to a high standard and had lots of vintage style decorations. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room (and chocolate biscuits - always a winner!) and an ensuite shower room.

There was a continental breakfast provided in the morning (although you can pay an extra £5 and have a Full English Breakfast) with cereals, toast, crumpets, brioches, jam, marmalade, marmite etc and orange juice and tea or coffee and you can help yourself to as much as you want.

Devonshire House is about a 20 minute walk into the town centre and there is also a bus service, however we opted for taxis, which cost about £5 into town. There is a pub, The Devonshire Arms, opposite which was nice too.

I would definitely recommend Devonshire House to people, whether you visit as a couple, a family or as a group of friends, you are guaranteed a warm welcome and a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends