“Rustic friendly”

Ranked #199 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: The Pig is The Pig is The Pig, it's a one off. Everyone in Bath old enough to drink knows the Pig and they have probably passed many happy summer evenings drinking with friends in our beer garden.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On our first visit to bath we were looking for a pub, with good real ales and light food, we came across The pig and fiddle by luck, good luck, the atmosphere was extremely welcoming, a young feel to it but with a old 'arm chair' comfy-feel too....the staff were very welcoming, chatty with each other and customers, a great range of real ales to taste, we ate delicious nachos and thick rustic homemade chunky chips, cooked to a crisp perfection...we happily spent a good hour&half there just chilling reading the news paper, people watching, we didn't feel rushed or pressured to do anything else but relax....enjoyed it so much we're returning tomorrow for the live music....would defiantly recommend it to others......x

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not a bad city centre pub. Lots of ales and ciders. It's geared more to the younger crowd - live bands etc. But it is a bit tatty. The beer is fine. Free wifi.

1  Thank swedensm
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I came here for a quick dinner with friends. When my order came, it didn't have the accompaniments mentioned in the menu. I said this when it arrived and showed the bar tender the menu, my food was taken back to the kitchen. It was returned about 4 minutes later with an apology that the kitchen was closed. I like to eat food when it is hot- so I was really unimpressed that the chilli con carne had gone on a trip before coming back slightly colder and still incorrect. I ate it anyway, it was OK but not what I wanted.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We here after a long day of walking around Bath. The sevice was quick and friendly, there is a lot of space of sitting outside.
The customers were mainly there for pre-outing drinks.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stumbled upon while my family and I walked towards the Roman Baths. Definitely a pub, but while not specifically catering to families the authentic environment and decorations kept the kids intrigued. The menu was definitely upscale for pub food and an interesting selection of unique burgers (ostrich anyone?), salads and fresh interpretations on old favorites like a plowman's lunch. Many ingredients were locally sourced and the food was fantastic. Good beer choices were a nice accompaniment.

1  Thank William W