“Anabelle's Guest House”

Anabelle's Guest House
Ranked #59 of 159 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Anabelle's is a great guest house in a great spot - good for going out and close to the train station. We were made to all feel very welcome. We stayed in a double en suite room which was very cosy. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at Anabelles over the bank holiday weekend, we really enjoyed our stay. We stayed on the shared bathroom double room.I am skeptical at first as I dont like sharing bathrooms but Im impressed the bathroom is very clean and tidy and hardly used as there is sink inside the room which is really convenient. The room is pretty basic but very clean.We didnt stay for breakfast as we need to catch our tour early but Natacha wa very helpful and allowed as to take away our breakfast which is perfect!I guess the only downside is the guesthouse is by the night club and it can get rowdy so if you are a light sleeper better get the room in the third floor as you can hardly hear anything.;-).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were two couples of friends (two rooms) staying at Annabelle's for 2 nights, and all of us really liked it ! The brekfast is so good (locally made products only), the rooms and bathroom clean and comfortable. Natasha is really nice, speaking fluent French (and Italian too I think). And it was the cheapest place we could find, so close to the station... So... just perfect !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here earlier this year and I am delighted that it is still as good. The lady who runs it is so very lovely and the breakfast is fantastic. Everything was clean and comfortable. I would not consider staying anywhere else in Bath for the price.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed at Annabelle's for two nights in early August 2012.

I had a double bed room with a shared bath. The room was simple but clean and comfortable. The shared bathrooms exceeded my expectations as the two I used seemed to be updated relatively recently. They were also quite clean although in one there seemed to be some issues keeping the water in the shower.

The included self-service breakfast was lovely with various breads, yogurt and fruit as well as juice and coffee. The manager also offered a small selection of made-to-order hot food which was very nice.

The location is beyond convenient as it is walking distance to both the train station and the city centre attractions (Abbey and Roman Baths).

I would definitely stay here again if I ever return to Bath!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our stay at anabelle's was very enjoyable and very clean and comfortable .natacha always tries to please her guest and nothing is to much trouble .we had a great weekend and will always try to stay at anabelle's guest when we can .the location is ideal as it is 2 minute walk from the railway station as we don't drive .it is also near to the shops and everything you need i would recommend it to any of my friends if they go to bath or anyone who needs a place to stay in bath .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

I booked us into Annabelles for my partners birthday due to its central location and price. On the plus side the location was great, and the bedroom was lovely to look at, with a very comfy bed.

However upon check in we were informed there may be "a bit of noise from the nearby nightclub" not ideal, and if we'd known that we would never have booked it, but we thought we could cope with a small amount of noise. On Friday night the noise was a bit loud, but as long as you kept the window closed it was bearable, if stuffy.
On Saturday night the noise was unbearable. From midnight it actually got louder and was horrendous and my partner and I tossed and turned for 4 hours before deciding to check out. When we explained to the receptionist she was very unhelpful and told us we couldn't leave until morning. After a brief argument she agreed to let us check out, but refused any kind of refund or discount, even though she admitted we were not the first to have complained or left early, as she insisted it said clearly that there was some nightclub noise on the website (I've checked, it dosent mention it at all!)
Utterly dissatisfied, and an awful end to our weekend!
Don't stay here unless you want to go to the nightclub!!!

1  Thank breyah_life