“Very very clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 192 Bath B&B and Inns
Houston, TEXAS
“Very very clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I was a bit hesitant at first but i'm glad my friend choose this B&B. In the corner of a very busy shopping center and literally a two minute walk from Bath Station is this hidden gem. Prime location to everything, a 10mins leisure walk to city center (Shopping, Roman Baths and Abbey), and the Hop-On Hop-off bus stop is just a few feet from the door.
The rooms are very welcoming, clean and no smells. We shared a bathroom with guests on the same floor but it was very elegant, super clean and fresh towels provided. The continental breakfast was quite a spread. Assorted cheeses, teas, coffee, bread, croissants, fruits, jams...yummy.
Thank you David for being such a perfect example to hospitality. Would love to return someday.

Room Tip: Don't fret about sharing a bathroom. When u get off the station, the street directly infront of...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank africanpride_00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at anabelle's to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary in Bath!
I must admit, it superceeded our expectations....
The ensure double room that we booked was extremely neat n clean, the breakfast served was extremely delicious and super filling....
The location of the guest house is just perfect... Would say its pretty centralised....as the bus station was just 5 mins walk away...and so was the city centre...also the main sight seeing places were just 10-15 mins walking distance....
The manageress is very friendly and helpful...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

I love Anabelle's. Have stayed her several times and would highly recommend it. Ok the building is a little old and the rooms small, but they are super clean, and warm and comfortable. The breakfast is fantastic and usually accompanied by some soft jazz - its a perfect spot if you want a a break from the city and especially if you are arriving by train. Annabelle's is a two minute walk. Great retreat!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Cannot be more central; literally 2 mins from train station (main bus stop is few paces further)
No problem with the friendly service and breakfast was good.

However, 1) carpet and walls somewhat tatty 2) to my knowledge my room and the one next to it have to share toilet/shower facilities and 3) I WAS warned about the night club next door (as a young person how hard could it be I thought) but on Sat night it feels like they're having a party in the next room).
Place feels like a HOSTEL but for this price one would expect better rooms with en-suite toilet and shower.(Another reviewer said it was value for money for 40 quid but I paid close to 60)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Anabelle's was a great find. There is a very affordable car park directly across from the B&B and it is only a 5 minute walk to the main attractions. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, neat and comfortable, I was very impressed. Definitely good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Anabelle's was a last minute find for us, and although we would've like a double bed, they only had a twin room left. The place was kept neat and tidy. We had to share a bathroom but that was also clean. This B&B is across the road from a police station, but luckily we didn't hear any sirens.
We were told there was plenty of parking across the road - there is but we weren't aware that it was paid parking, so we had to pay around £15 all up for parking I think (overnight and the next morning).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I spent one night on the 18th October 2012 at this charming B&B . Located only one or two minutes walking from Bath Spa Train Station is in a perfect location .
My room was basic on the second floor looking at the main street . Excellent value for money at £40 pounds with breakfast .
Room number 6 had Twin beds , good size for one or two people , with a chest of drawers, wardrobe , sink and small TV, complementary tea and coffee and shower gel.
You can hear noise from a nearby night club but I did not mind it.
Shared bathroom with shower and bath was very clean and shower hot . Toilet room the same.
Natasha was absolutely kind and she prepared my breakfast half an hour earlier as I was attending a course at the Royal United Hospital . Photos of the breakfast room and my delicious scrambled eggs and smoked bacon attached.
I left my case to come back to pick it up after my course . Natasha kindly allowed me to get change on the bathroom before travelling back home.
I spoke to Natasha and say I was going shopping to Debenhams before taking the train so said thank you and bye bye .
I went shopping to Debenhams nearly next door and realized that I left my watch on the B&B's
so went back to find out that Natasha went to Debenhams to try to find me to tell me about my watch !
Such a kind girl looking after her guests.
In front of Bath Spa station I stopped at Giraffe Restaurant ( see Review) for a drink and a nibble .
I would absolutely recommend Anabelle's guest house .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo