“Charming little guest house”

Anabelle's Guest House
Ranked #59 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

I have walked past this guest house everyday to work for the past 5 years and always wondered what it was like inside.... So decided to have a little break in Bath as a visitor rather than a worker. I booked online and click twice by mistake when booking room. It wasn't until the second confirmation came through that I realised I did this. I sent of an email and within 15 mins I got a reply. The email was very welcoming and came across very laid back bug professional. When I went to check in it wasn't really clear what to do so I ring two different doorbells in the foyer/reception area, then rang. I'm terrible with names but I believe her name was Natasha that answered and was very apologetic of keeping me waiting.... It turns out the bells were not working and she didn't realise this. She then went on and apologise that she had a house full if stags, but has asked them to keep the noise down and that the nightclub might get noisy. I felt there was no reason to apologise as I knew the area and obviously knew there was a nightclub two foots down. Room 2 was our room for the night. It was very clean and tidy. The notice in the bathroom made me laugh, it asked to open window after showering to keep wallpaper from getting damp..... There was no window.... The bed was very comfortable and although there was no heating on the room was very cosy and warm. We had a lovely nights sleep, didn't here the nightclub and only heard the stags once. Breakfast was just right as well.... Had a little fry up... Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank vixxy1969

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I cannot rate this b&b high enough. My double ensuite room was spacious, modern and comfortable. Spotlessly clean throughout with plenty of towels, great bedding and little touches like shower gel and tea and coffee in the room. The breakfasts were delicious and generous with plenty of choice. The hostess was a pleasure - always there when you needed her but not intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble to make my stay in Bath for New Year's Eve the best ever - even running down the road after me when I forgot my jacket! I can't believe it was so reasonably priced being in the centre of the town and walking distance to all the attractions - a definite bonus when cabs are in short supply after a night out. I will definitely recommend it to anyone heading down to the great town of Bath.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I was a bit hesitant at first but i'm glad my friend choose this B&B. In the corner of a very busy shopping center and literally a two minute walk from Bath Station is this hidden gem. Prime location to everything, a 10mins leisure walk to city center (Shopping, Roman Baths and Abbey), and the Hop-On Hop-off bus stop is just a few feet from the door.
The rooms are very welcoming, clean and no smells. We shared a bathroom with guests on the same floor but it was very elegant, super clean and fresh towels provided. The continental breakfast was quite a spread. Assorted cheeses, teas, coffee, bread, croissants, fruits, jams...yummy.
Thank you David for being such a perfect example to hospitality. Would love to return someday.

Room Tip: Don't fret about sharing a bathroom. When u get off the station, the street directly infront of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank africanpride_00
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at anabelle's to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary in Bath!
I must admit, it superceeded our expectations....
The ensure double room that we booked was extremely neat n clean, the breakfast served was extremely delicious and super filling....
The location of the guest house is just perfect... Would say its pretty centralised....as the bus station was just 5 mins walk away...and so was the city centre...also the main sight seeing places were just 10-15 mins walking distance....
The manageress is very friendly and helpful...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I love Anabelle's. Have stayed her several times and would highly recommend it. Ok the building is a little old and the rooms small, but they are super clean, and warm and comfortable. The breakfast is fantastic and usually accompanied by some soft jazz - its a perfect spot if you want a a break from the city and especially if you are arriving by train. Annabelle's is a two minute walk. Great retreat!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Cannot be more central; literally 2 mins from train station (main bus stop is few paces further)
No problem with the friendly service and breakfast was good.

However, 1) carpet and walls somewhat tatty 2) to my knowledge my room and the one next to it have to share toilet/shower facilities and 3) I WAS warned about the night club next door (as a young person how hard could it be I thought) but on Sat night it feels like they're having a party in the next room).
Place feels like a HOSTEL but for this price one would expect better rooms with en-suite toilet and shower.(Another reviewer said it was value for money for 40 quid but I paid close to 60)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Anabelle's was a great find. There is a very affordable car park directly across from the B&B and it is only a 5 minute walk to the main attractions. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, neat and comfortable, I was very impressed. Definitely good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends