“great b&b”

Ranked #62 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Spalding, United Kingdom
“great b&b”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

good location,nice breakfast too.very friendly and clean.host makes you feel very welcome.excellent location for trains and buses.i would recommend this hotel to any traveller.the food was also very good and a good choice

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nort-sur-Erdre, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Amazing location : in the center of Bath ! A cosy and very beautiful B&B. The rooms are very clean and the welcome is very warm ! A perfect hotel in the gorgeous city of Bath. I would highly recommand it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nizan M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed in this B & B for just one Sunday night in February (so I'm not sure why the previous reviewer was told it was a minimum of two nights). I had no trouble in booking for one night. The B&B is perfect for people travelling by train as it's just a couple of minutes walk from there. I was given a friendly welcome and was able to leave my luggage as I'd checked in early so that I could walk around the town until my room was ready. I stayed in a lovely twin room with an ensuite bathroom. The bathroom was a little cosy but was perfect for me. Breakfast was great and I was again able to leave my luggage after checking out and before catching the train later in the afternoon. The whole place was very clean and the rates reasonable, I would highly recommend it for a stay in Bath.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Torquay, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Well this looks a darling little b and b and was all set to book up, when i sent a nice email explaing i would like to set up a nice surprise for my mums birthday, how id like to treat her to a bath spa experiance and the dates i would like to stay if they had any parking and how much. I was expecting a friendly response back full of information and answers to all my questions, but all i got back was a short shap email telling me it was a minimum two night stay. Good job i wasnt an inspector hey!!! A little bit of customer service wouldnt go a miss.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ellice C
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were given such a friendly welcome and made to feel completely at home. I was a bit concerned about sharing a bathroom but it was absolutely spotless and not at all inconvenient. My friends and I stayed in the two very top rooms which were so cosy, with very clean bedding and comfortable beds. The station and the main shopping centre is just a hop away so it was in the perfect location for us. The breakfast (served til late) was lovely with a great choice of hot and cold options. Our hosts were so kind and looked after our cases after we'd checked out but still wanted to mooch about Bath. I would thoroughly recommend this delightful B&B.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

I have walked past this guest house everyday to work for the past 5 years and always wondered what it was like inside.... So decided to have a little break in Bath as a visitor rather than a worker. I booked online and click twice by mistake when booking room. It wasn't until the second confirmation came through that I realised I did this. I sent of an email and within 15 mins I got a reply. The email was very welcoming and came across very laid back bug professional. When I went to check in it wasn't really clear what to do so I ring two different doorbells in the foyer/reception area, then rang. I'm terrible with names but I believe her name was Natasha that answered and was very apologetic of keeping me waiting.... It turns out the bells were not working and she didn't realise this. She then went on and apologise that she had a house full if stags, but has asked them to keep the noise down and that the nightclub might get noisy. I felt there was no reason to apologise as I knew the area and obviously knew there was a nightclub two foots down. Room 2 was our room for the night. It was very clean and tidy. The notice in the bathroom made me laugh, it asked to open window after showering to keep wallpaper from getting damp..... There was no window.... The bed was very comfortable and although there was no heating on the room was very cosy and warm. We had a lovely nights sleep, didn't here the nightclub and only heard the stags once. Breakfast was just right as well.... Had a little fry up... Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank vixxy1969
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I cannot rate this b&b high enough. My double ensuite room was spacious, modern and comfortable. Spotlessly clean throughout with plenty of towels, great bedding and little touches like shower gel and tea and coffee in the room. The breakfasts were delicious and generous with plenty of choice. The hostess was a pleasure - always there when you needed her but not intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble to make my stay in Bath for New Year's Eve the best ever - even running down the road after me when I forgot my jacket! I can't believe it was so reasonably priced being in the centre of the town and walking distance to all the attractions - a definite bonus when cabs are in short supply after a night out. I will definitely recommend it to anyone heading down to the great town of Bath.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends