“Best place to stay in Bath / England from our backpacking journey!”

Anabelle's Guest House
Ranked #58 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

-Exceptional and friendly host and service.
-Asked if we had allergies and went out of his way (without us asking) to get lactose free milk for my wife.
-Delicious cooked English and confectionery breakfasts.
-good prices in comparison to any other places in England.
-very close to rail station and town center (<5 min walk to anything really).

Highly recommend going to this place you will not regret it!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott F

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights during the week. It is within a couple minute walk to everything. The place is very nice and clean. Breakfast had options for cooked or continental and was delicious. The owner asked about allergies and i had mentioned i was lactose intolerant but have been just avoiding things on my trip. Well in the morning i found some lactose free milk he had bought at night! The owner is super nice with great tips on what to do/see and about restaurants. In the 2 weeks we have been backpacking around the UK this was definitely the best place!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jessibell08
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location for exploring Bath and close rail/bus stations. Also our wonderful host, Sergio, made us feel most welcome and cooked us a super veggie breakfast. We were able to leave our bags after we checked out whilst we explored the town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here (10 girls) for two nights for a hen weekend. Firstly it is a little shabby round the edges and could do with a lick of paint but it was clean and the owner was so lovely and welcoming!
Rooms have everything you would need and the shared bathrooms were fine - none of us had to wait to use facilities. The rooms were quite warm but the weather was baking hot - every room had fans and they did really help
Breakfast was lovely made with local produce and much more then you would have expected. You can request exactly what you want to eat, cooked any way and we all really liked it
The owner also very kindly let us use the front room to play our hen games and have a few glasses of bubbly
The noise is loud from the bar next door but the first night we got in after it has closed and the 2nd night we were so tired it didn't bother us!
Annabelle's is very reasonably priced and has a real home from home feel. It's not the smartest but it has heart and charm. It suited our needs perfectly and I would recommend

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed all over in bath but first time here it's a very nice place at a great price the rooms are very good and breakfast in a word superb
The guys who run it are very helpfull
I would defiantly recommend this hotel
The location is great 1 minute walk from the station and 2 into the centre of bath

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had my parents and family stay here during my graduation and the manager was so accomodating, friendly and professional! I highly recommend this place as the guest house is nice, the location is excellent and the manager is really great!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We are used to city living so the cautions about the noise didn't faze me. However this was a complete different experience! I believe it must have something to do with all of the stone in the city. Around 1am I woke up thinking that there must be close to 30 thousand people gathered on the street below. Added to that of the two twin beds one of them was broken. I ended up with my mattress on the floor and my pillow over my head. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had reserved two nights but only stayed one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family