“I had Tea with Mr. Darcy!!”

The Regency Tea Rooms
Ranked #15 of 42 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set on the 2nd floor of the Jane Austen Centre is the elegant Regency Tea Room. We are Tea Guild members which ensures that you will enjoy high quality tea, food and service.The tea rooms have a lovely period atmosphere and very friendly staff.
Dublin, Ireland
“I had Tea with Mr. Darcy!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a wonderfully cosy little tea room. The costumed waitresses were friendly and attentive. It was a little indulgent to choose Tea with Mr. Darcy, but you've just got to do these little things now and again! The presentation and display would even have been approved of by Lady Catherine herself!
Thank you all. I hope to see you again some day.

• Visited April 2014
LenkaWinter, General Manager at The Regency Tea Rooms, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Many thanks for your feedback – I am delighted that you found our Regency Tearooms so cosy. Our costumed staff are something that we are very proud of, so it is a pleasure to hear that you found them friendly and attentive.

We hope to see you again too – you are always welcome!

Reading, United Kingdom
“A great experience”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a great time at the Regency Tea Rooms. They happily accommodated 18 of us and we couldn't fault the food or the service. The sandwiches, scones and cakes were fresh and varied and all the staff were helpful, efficient and friendly. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of The Regency Tearooms. It’s such a delight to hear that you enjoyed not only our range of food, but the company of our staff too.
We hope to see you again soon!
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
“Not the greatest experience...not good with kids”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We booked with our four year old daughter and our two friends whilst on holiday, to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We chose the main afternoon tea option without champagne for 4. There was no child's menu and separate sandwiches and a cake would have cost the same as their Tea With The Austens option which came with tea. We asked, as this was for a child, whether she could have orange juice or squash. We were told no, tea was free with this and OJ would be the full price. Actually on the menu, tea is 50p more than OJ. Later after the drinks were served the lady said she could have made hot chocolate or milk. Our daughter only likes cold drinks and I think this is an issue. Perhaps they don't want children in (although they did have a high chair). I had asked for plain sandwiches for her too- perhaps plain cheese or ham. When it came, it was coronation chicken, ham and chutney etc. I mentioned it to the lady who had brought it. She was very grumpy about taking it back, but I had already asked on ordering. They did bring it back with plain sandwiches and my daughter did end up enjoying it.

Our 4 servings were on one stand and caused some controversy. There were two of most things, but offering more choice. This was a kind thought and I understood why they did it, but tricky as everyone wanted the same flavours so everyone had to compromise as a 4 of 2 couples and everyone ended up feeling a bit hard done to. I wasn't keen on the cakes and the sandwiches were average but the jam tart and scones were excellent. Choice of teas were also excellent. So, the issues with my daughter knocked this don one star and then with the adults food another star as one of our friends was particularly unhappy. I base my views on the entire experience and if I could now take it back and go somewhere else for our really special meal, I would not hesitate to do so.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Regency Tearooms. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience; it is disappointing that you felt the service was not up to scratch on the day you visited. We aim to maintain the highest levels of guest service, and the majority of our reviews and customer feedback suggest that we achieve this. However, please be assured that your comments will be discussed further with our Tearooms Manager.
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I recently visited Bath and researched places to go for High Tea and this one stood out, it's in a good location close to the shops in Bath and easily accessible.
The Tea room itself is up a flight of stairs and I'm unaware if there is a lift or anything, so worth looking into if you have trouble getting up a few flights of stairs.
It's a fairly small tea room and luckily we booked in advance as it was very busy.
All of the staff we came into contact with were very polite and helpful, I couldn't speak highly enough of them actually!

They have a good selection on the menu for a small tea room and I chose to have the Tea with Mr Darcy, which consisted of a pot of tea of my choice from the menu, finger sandwiches, a scone and a small selection of puddings. (You can look at the menu on their website before you visit.)
All of the food was amazing and I throughly enjoyed it. It wasn't even that expensive which makes it all even better.
For the tea rooms being busy we weren't rushed and service was still superb. I would definitely go back next time I'm in Bath.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to The Regency Tearooms – I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Wokingham
“Excellent Cream Teas”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

First of all - take care as there appear to be two Regency Tea Rooms. I am referring to the one that is situated in the Jane Austen Centre in Gay Street.
There is no need to pay for the Jane Austen Museum to use the tea rooms although a ticket to the overpriced Jane Austen Centre does give a 20% discount on a cream tea.
There is a wide choice of "teas" available ranging from a full afternoon tea with Champagne to a reasonably priced cream tea.
Two large scones and as much jam and cream as you need.
The staff will ask whether you need more jam and cream so don't stint yourself.
A variety of teas (made using leaves and with tea strainers provided) are are also available.
Well worth a visit.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank MalcolmSWokingham
Many thanks for your kind review of The Regency Tearooms. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and your Cream Tea. Do come back and see us!

Been to The Regency Tea Rooms? Share your experiences!