“not as bad as i thought it would be, but could be better.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lamp Post Villa B&B

Lamp Post Villa B&B
Ranked #171 of 192 Bath B&B and Inns
Swindon
“not as bad as i thought it would be, but could be better.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I read all the reviews before I went to this B&B expecting it to be completely awful, we couldnt find the B&B to start with, we walked here there and everywhere because none of the locals new where it was, when we finally found it, on arrival we were given our key, had to speak to the owner on the phone, and then weas shown to our room, which we got to via a tiny side alley, which was scarey to walk through in the dark, as theirs no light until the end. The room was basic, very basic, i moved the curtain and the netting fell down and we couldnt get it back up, we couldnt work the bathroom door, their was paint stains on the light switches, surprisingly they bed was actually comfortable. Breakfast was basic, not fantastic, but edible.. I wouldnt stay here again unless their were some serious changes, but it isnt as bad as some of these review say.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Rebecca S
lamppostvilla, Owner at Lamp Post Villa B&B, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest
We take all reviews seriously and thank you for your review, I am sorry you were not entirely satisfied but non the less do say that your stay was not "as bad" as some reviewers have said,
You were checked in by the manager and I may have spoken to you on the telephone giving a personal welcome upon check-in, if not you were given my personal mobile to call if my manager was unable to help you. Our aim is to make all guests as comfortable as possible; the breakfast ingredients are locally sourced and are of premium quality, security lighting is sensor activated at the side of the house; We continue to act upon any review and improve wherever possible and have noted your comments. Do try us again in future, Best regards,,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
gagirl6154
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Walked into our room while the maid was changing sheets, left promptly and when we returned later that night the room was in the same state as when we were there originally. A used comforter on the chair, dirty bathroom that had not been cleaned, half used shampoo and conditioner, brown spots on the towels and sheets just made for an overall disgusting experience. In the morning breakfast did not get much better, we had food stuck to our silverware and the service and quality of food was lacking. Do not ever stay here, it is absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
14 Thank gagirl6154
lamppostvilla, Owner at Lamp Post Villa B&B, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Sir
We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We take any complaint seriously and try to resolve and issues during your stay, We did not receive a complaint from you? if you bring this to our attention we can act iimediately. I did not meet you personally but make it clear to all our guests in our rooms that I am available to speak with at any time if an issue or complaint is not resolved satisfactorily by my managers. I would be most surprised if your room was dirty as they are professionaly serviced every day. We are a 3star B&B and standards are kept high. All laundry is outsourced to a professional laundry service. All breakfast ingredients are sourced locally and are of premium quality. If you would care to e-mail me and elaborate specifically the exact nature of your complaint I will investigate the matter further and hope to give you some satisfactory feedback. Thank you in anticipation.

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed in a twin room in the extension. Very cold, mouldy... Not pleasant. I was hoping it would not be that bad and now I'm regretting staying here... :(

• Stayed January 2012
10 Thank Madzia78
Dear Guest
We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We take any complaint seriously and try to resolve and issues during your stay, We did not receive a complaint from you? if you bring this to our attention we can act iimediately. I did not meet you personally but make it clear to all our guests in our rooms that I am available to speak with at any time if an issue or complaint is not resolved satisfactorily by my managers. If you would care to e-mail me and elaborate specifically the exact nature of your complaint I will investigate the matter further and hope to give you some satisfactory feedback. Thank you in anticipation.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

What a shame. This b and b has a great location with an easy walk into bath and the royal crescent is above you. A friendly welcome and the room was clean even if the decor is very tired and dated. Staying in December I was annoyed that the heating did not go on till six and went off again and nine thirty- the room got very cold. Our room was not cleaned the next day and a poor breakfast was served in a damp and cold basement. Lots of hot water though. If you have a choice I would stay in one of the other b and b's on crescent gardens as they all looked nice and the situation was ideal. I can't say we didn't have a giggle about it all- it like staying in a seventies bad sit com!

• Stayed December 2011
8 Thank whiskymarmalade
Dear Guest
We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We take any complaint seriously and try to resolve and issues during your stay, We did not receive a complaint from you? if you bring this to our attention we can act iimediately. I did not meet you personally but make it clear to all our guests in our rooms that I am available to speak with at any time if an issue or complaint is not resolved satisfactorily by my managers. I would be most surprised if your room was not serviced as they are professionaly serviced and cleaned every day. We are a 3star B&B and standards are kept high. All laundry is outsourced to a professional laundry service. All breakfast ingredients are sourced locally and are of premium quality. If you would care to e-mail me and elaborate specifically the exact nature of your complaint I will investigate the matter further and hope to give you some satisfactory feedback. Thank you in anticipation.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This b&b was awful. Poor decor, poor service and the room smelt of damp. No parking and it is quite far from the centre.

• Stayed December 2011
8 Thank hotel2inspect
Dear Sir
We take all our responses seriously and are responding to all reviewers to address any issues or complaints. We did not receive any complaint from you at the time and it is very difficult to resolve issues or disappointments after the event. If you would care to contact me directly I will be happy to try and satisfy any issues you had and deal with it accordingly. Thank you in anticipation
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

This B&B is very poor. The attic room space that we were in was cramped and shabby. The bathroom had not been cleaned. We chose this B&B because there is supposed to be on-site parking but it turned out that this is only if you have a very small car and arrive early.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor attic space
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Lesley S
The Hebrides, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I knew from my arrival at the front steps to this B&B that I had made a mistake, there were weeds growing out of the path & a hand written sign in the window advertising for a housekeeper. The only plus for this establishment was the clean, comfy bed on the second night once I had found the extra pillows and its near to city centre location. The room was too hot so I had to open the window & then it was too noisy due to being on the main road.There was a distinct smell which could not be identified but was being masked by air fresheners, the bathroom was small & needed a makeover, the room was also small barely space to walk around the bed. Parking was advertised as extra which I requested and was the reason I booked this establishment but on arrival was told there was none available. The breakfast room was also small the tables were too close together and the food was overcooked. Avoid unless you want to be disappointed as I was.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple