“Best fry up ever”

Ranked #61 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kingsmead Kitchen is a vibrant and friendly family run restaurant in the beautiful city of Bath. Positioned on the West side of Kingsmead Square, a stones throw from the fantastic shopping and theatre districts of Bath, the cafe has a sunny outlook over the square and customers can enjoy the bright interior or sit outside to soak up the hustle and bustle. We are well known for our generous helpings and freshly cooked food. Our menus change regularly and always include seasonal produce, some of which comes directly from Elcombe Farm, our family farm in Wiltshire. Recently, the cafe has undergone some exciting changes and there is much more planned for the future. Co-owners and managers extraordinaire Edi and Geraldine bring a spark and energy to the front of house, head chef Dan oversees the kitchen with gusto, whilst Piers and Sophia are the driving force behind the Field, Fire & Feast brand. All of us welcome you to the cafe and hope you enjoy it.
“Best fry up ever”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My friend took me here after a night out and I'm so happy she did, ended up taking my sister and her husband there when they came to stay. Really nice staff, just enough grease to sober you up but not give you heart disease and not too badly priced. Also really love the decor, although seating is a bit crammed.

• Visited April 2014

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Always busy and welcoming- food good”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Yes it may be cramped but you get to meet some interesting characters. Food always good- for us at least-usually just a snack. Warm welcome and a good place to watch the world go by if not talking to your fellow diners.

• Visited May 2014
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I were lucky enough to choose this cafe out of many surrounding ones for our lunch when we went to visit Bath.

We ordered an array of salads and mains between us and all of them were delicious and surprisingly large in portion size. I myself ordered a tomato soup, expecting something potentially out of a tin can in a tiny bowl for the £4 I had paid as touristy places tend to be very overpriced.

The soup was heavenly, home made, gorgeously textured, and what appeared to be a bucket of it. Served with delicious rustic bread. I was one satisifed customer.

My family were equally thrilled by their options. The staff were very friendly and attentive, despite the cafe being very busy

• Visited April 2014
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Very misleading photo on their website, appeared smart and spacious. Not so in real life. Small wooden tables crammed together looked more like a transport cafe. Can't comment on the food as the greasy smell that hit you as you entered the cafe was the final decision maker- we took our custom elsewhere!

ch-at-the-Jazz-Cafe, Owner at The Kingsmead Kitchen, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for sending in your comments. I am puzzled though and question whether you reviewed the correct premises as I do not recognise your description of the Jazz Cafe.
We have lots of photos on our website of the cafe and they all portray very well the look and atmosphere of the cafe. Take a look here http://www.bathjazzcafe.co.uk/gallery to check. We are what we are and the images certainly do not mislead.
We also do not have wooden tables. Our tables are marble. Tables are, in pretty well any cafe by necessity , fairly close together, but our photos show exactly where and how they are arranged.
I'm not aware of the greasy smell that hit you as you entered. We cook all food, on site, so there will be some cooking smells. But it is not a greasy smell.
We ARE a cafe. Always was and always will be. I don't mind being considered a "transport cafe" but I think that you meant it in a really derogatory way, which I do object to.
Revisit our website, http://www.bathjazzcafe.co.uk to make sure you were reviewing us. If it was somewhere else, as I suspect, I would like you to remove your post.
ayrshire
“Tasty lunch in pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely little cafe with tables outside on street or indoors.
We chose inside as my daughter wanted out the direct sunlight for a little while.
Service was friendly and fast. Nice menu with lots of options for a light lunch. I opted for a mushroom and ham omelette , my OH had a club sandwich and my daughter had a toastie. Everything was very tasty and priced reasonably for city centre Bath.
Would recommend.