“Good food, Good value.”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I went here for the first time monday with a friend. As this was my first time i was unsure what to try, but i always think if your unsure, a good way to judge a restaurant is on their fish and chips. With the idea if its good, then likely the rest of the food will be. So i had the fish and chips, it was a generous portion with lovely chips and a real good crisp batter, i would have no problems eating here again and going for something more adventerous.

There are newer reviews for The West Gate Public House

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was wandering round Bath on a Sunday afternoon and looking for somewhere to eat. I saw the sign for a Sunday Roast £6.99 and it looked like a lovely warm pub so I went in.

The roast was ok. The only thing was the yorkshire pudding was crispy and fell apart. Good for the price I paid, you get what you pay for. Other things on the menu sounded lovely though.

I'd probably come back here for drinks if I was in Bath again because it had a nice atmosphere and had a country pub feel to it.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've been to this pub a number of times and have always enjoyed my visits, however I met a friend for a drink there last night and was quite disappointed. The venue was fairly empty and we had to wait a long time to order drinks (the bartender just left the bar for a while, leaving customers standing around without drinks or service).

When I eventually got it, my wine and bar snack were both very good. I will come back here as I really like the atmosphere and location. Hopefully normal service will resume shortly!

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Good food, great staff, very polite and helpful, good selection of cider my husbands adds! Good choice on the menu, will return for a roast lunch next time

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have visited this pub many many times over the years and its changed its name quite a few times but its certainly at its poshest at the moment.Its in the centre, on Westgate street,about a 10 minute walk from Bath spa railway station.Its as central as central could get right in the thick of the main shopping street through Bath.I guess its aimed at your passing trade.With quite a good daytime menu and gets busy on a Friday and Saturday night.But I couldn't believe the prices!! No sign of your usual favourites of Carling,Foster`s,Blackthorn or Strongbow! No its posh lagers from around the world,that also cost the earth!! Clean,tidy and pleasant enough staff but don't expect much change out of a fiver per pint!